Chemistry reactions

Kaspersky

Alright, hello all, like the title suggests I need some help with a chemical reaction involving Iron nails, hydrogen peroxide (30% solution) and sodium chloride.

I'm fairly certain the iron will form oxides and that there will be water present as a product, but I don't really know what else happens.

To recap: Iron nails, hydrogen peroxide and sodium chloride mixed together will form what?

The iron will decompose the peroxide to water and oxygen gas, which will bubble up, though some will dissolve in the water and make the iron rust. I don't know what you have the sodium chloride in there for but I doubt it will do much.

oxygen may react with the sodium chloride. either breaking up the chemical and fusing with one of the products or just breaking it up. actually now that i think about it, the sodium chloride will help the iron rust faster. NaCl(-) Fe(+) ?

That was the intention. I need the rust for an extended essay topic. I asked the lab technician and she said it would maybe go faster using the sodium chloride. I knew there would be oxygen and water produced, I was just confused as to what happened with the sodium chloride. If it bonds with something or not, if it changes the reaction, all that stuff. Maybe I'll ask around with the chemistry people here.

The sodium chloride does not react or catalyze the reaction. However this is an electrical redox reaction (involving electron transfer). The salt ions increase conductivity and thus improve electron transfer so the reaction is not limited or throttled by rate of electron transfer.