BP's oil liability

Ignatiev

so I cam here and tried to post in politics and it's NOT WORKING. do you have some liberal elite who can post in politics? that is WRONG

just tonight I found out obama has not even met the CEO of BP and THE LAW says he is responsible for cleaning up the oil spill, not BP and there is a $75 mil limit on the money BP should spend at which point it's OBAMA whould should clean up the oil and OBAMA is not doing anything and this is a huge problem.

but I guess there are a bunch of liberal elites here who do not want to talk about these topics

just tonight I found out obama has not even met the CEO of BP and THE LAW says he is responsible for cleaning up the oil spill, not BP and there is a $75 mil limit on the money BP should spend at which point it's OBAMA whould should clean up the oil and OBAMA is not doing anything and this is a huge problem.

Incidentally, the $75 million cap is not on how much they should spend on cleaning up the oil, but how much they are liable for in damages. They have to spend their own money to clean up, and when they're sued for damages by the folks who have lost their jobs, they're liable for $75m.

Copied this from GD (where it has been locked), as this is a politics thread. The OP is welcome to join in, once s/he has surpassed the liberal threshold of 30 posts and the elite status of 10 days membership.

Edited by Cap'n Refsmmat
10 days, not 30 -- it's different than Religion

By placing this in politics and entitling it "BP's oil liability" I meant for the discussion to continue to be about BP's liability for the leak, not a further discussion about the details of who posts in politics/religion/ etc. Posts on politics posting policy have been moved to Suggestions

Edited by swansont