????

rigney

Is there a "GOD" out there? Maybe I should drag this to a different forum, but I just can't get it done without fudging. With a lot of people wondering, in all honesty what do you think? Is there, or isn't there?

Edited by rigney

Is there a "GOD" out there? Maybe I should put this in a different forum, but I just can't get it done without fudging, with a lot of people out there wondering why!! In all honesty, what do you think? Is there, or isn't there?

We do have a religion forum. IIRC, all you need to post there is 50 posts(which you now have) and a positive reputation(which everyone has). You can also get access via moderator action; just ask.

With that said, I don't know if your question really has any meaning. What is a "GOD"? I can't know if something exists if I don't know what it is supposed to be.

We do have a religion forum. IIRC, all you need to post there is 50 posts(which you now have) and a positive reputation(which everyone has). You can also get access via moderator action; just ask.

And three weeks of membership. Some people post 25 posts per day...

About Pierre-Simon Laplace (1749 – 1827) in wiki: Laplace went in state to Napoleon to accept a copy of his work, and the following account of the interview is well authenticated, and so characteristic of all the parties concerned that I quote it in full. Someone had told Napoleon that the book contained no mention of the name of God; Napoleon, who was fond of putting embarrassing questions, received it with the remark, 'M. Laplace, they tell me you have written this large book on the system of the universe, and have never even mentioned its Creator.' Laplace, who, though the most supple of politicians, was as stiff as a martyr on every point of his philosophy, drew himself up and answered bluntly, 'Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là.' ("I had no need of that hypothesis.") Napoleon, greatly amused, told this reply to Lagrange, who exclaimed, 'Ah! c'est une belle hypothèse; ça explique beaucoup de choses.' ("Ah, it is a fine hypothesis; it explains many things.")

Emphasis mine.

ça explique beaucoup de choses.' ("it explains many things.") And perhaps, nothing?!

The peril in writing is: many times we fail to realize the reader may not be seeing it our way at all!. Thanks