New forum (another)

fafalone

Science education involves how to gather good data and progress to working ideas. Adam does'nt need data and skips to the ideas so I guess the forum wouldn't work for him.

Adam can skip my opinion because he has already said I don't know anything.

Just aman

However, what about any kind of progress in education? Even if Adam is a drop-out (no matter whether he did so voluntarily or not) he should also have got the right to discuss education since the reasons for his drop-out (even if he is in some way responsible) can also be found in the education system. The only way to avoid this is trying to improve the problems some people have in school etc. This cannot be discussed some of us "educated" persons. Where are we? SU?

Democracy is based on discussion, discussion by everyone. No one can be excluded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by fafalone

Well that goes back to school being mind-numbingly offensive to intellect. I know the feeling.

Well, I dont know about how the school system in your area is, but in Toronto, I find that the schools tend to push us into the Maths and the Sciences. They care nothing for the arts and creativity, only ingenuity.

:-(

But are the courses actually challenging?

The Maths & Sciences? Well, its all relative:-p ; to you, they'd be like a stroll in the park right?:rolleyes:

lol

Well, to be honest, I'll give you a breakdown of our cirriculum:

Grade 12 Advanced Calcalus - Fairly easy right now; learning the secants & tangent problem

Grade 12 Advanced Geometry & Discrete Mathematics - I think its a course centered around proofs in the math world; intro to combinatorics, 3-D geometry, mathematical induction...

Grade 12 Advanced Physics - Continuation of Kinematics, Energy & Momentum, Wave Nature, Wave-Particle duality, & our last unit: Special Relatvity

Grade 12 Advanced Chemistry - I have it this semester, so I can't really give you a synopsis on it; based on what I've heard, my peers so equilibrium is fairly hard...I'm not really sure what it even is yet :P

Grade 12 Advanced Biology - Can't say; I haven't taken BIO since it was req'd in Grade 10 :D

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but in Ontario, secondary schools were previously allowed 5 years, but recently, they crammed it down to four; my year being the first to initiate such system...

I think it really sucks, b/c many of us feel as if we're immature to handle such a leap to post-secondary; especially since we were conditioned to have 5 years secondary in our previous years of education :rolleyes:

Also, we miss out on courses like the Grade 13 Astrophysics course...:-(

My course schedule for next semester:

Organic Chemistry I/Lab

University Physics II/Lab

Genetics/Lab

Neurobiology

Calculus II

This is basically the hardest load possible ;)

:eek:

What year of U are you at?

I was wondering, do you have to take 2-3 years of a foreign language IN HIGHSCHOOL only?

to describe my situation:

I finished, Spanish,an elective class in November and was wondering if I should take the class all year next year, in 8th grade. I believe it would help me in highschool, by reducing my years taking a foreign language. But then, on the other hand, the Spanish teacher is excructiatingly boring(in fact, he's the most boring teacher I've ever had). So should I waste 50 minutes a day for a whole school year being bored to death (and learning Spanish) because I think it might help me in highschool or not? My alternative(that I have chosen) is being a TA, a Teacher's Assistant. What do you guys think???:confused::-(:confused::-(