Music: What gets you rockin?

Thales

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Boy Named Sue er fra Bergen. EP med 6 låter og video ble sluppet 23. August 2004. Turneplan blir lagt ut her fortløpende. Mer info, låter og ekstramateriale finner du på http://www.aboynamedsue.com. Stig Sandbakk er forøvrig for tiden i finalen i International Songwriting Competition, og du kan nå gå inn og stemme på "Heard This Laughter" i "People‘s Voice" på adressen http://www.songwritingcompetition.com/PVWelcome.htm

Thats how some people type I guess.

Where exactly is it on that site...it's not too easy for me to read.

Sorry to confuse you with norwegian.

You roll down the page until you find the title "The way it should" and then you find the "Lytt" button. "Lytt" means listen.

You can also download it with the "Last" button. "Last" means download.

Here is a link to a beautiful song made by a friend of mine who calls himself

A boy named Sue. The song is named "The way it should" and you can listen to it at this site :

http://www11.nrk.no/upunkt/urort/framework.asp?task=band&band_id=614

Enjoy!

Thanks, that's some good music. It's a bit like Badly Drawn Boy and Air.

While we are trading pal's bands, one of mine hads a site with downloads on it too - http://www.theblims.com/Download.htm .They are rather good :P

Jazz (especially Clifford Brown, Bill Evans, Horace Silver), Hendrix (Electric LadyLand), Larry Coryell, Robin Trower, Ozric Tentacles (Erp Land !!!) anything that gives me a buzz from the back of my head down my spine ;)

I guess jazz isn't all that bad. And I'm young too. But I just find that it doesn't have that melody that catches you. It just keeps flying from one thought to the next without giving you a chance to appreciate the current idea.

Depends on the Jazz style. Early jazz (dixieland) is easiest to get into. Modern Jazz (from 1945) needs you to know the tune and recognise the chords. Depending on your taste you will find that certain styles and musicians are worth more effort more than others. Once you get it you ain't gonna lose it. :cool:

• 3 months later...

I'll just say this for the new System of a Down album: Mezmerize - A collection of great tracks, and a lot of classic SOAD style shouting and profanity. The track "Old School Hollywood" is not the usual style for the band, but that's not to say it't not good. All the songs are full of SOAD humor, but keep in mind that their humor is not the same as the rest of the human race's :-)Definitely worth obtaining if you're a fan, if not, then you might just crap your pants, but give them a try.

My favorite tracks would have to be (in no specific order)-

• BYOB (Bring Your Own Bombs)
  • Revenga
  • Radio/Video
  • Sad Statue

I'm into rocky stuff, such as Incubus, Thrice, Green Day.

Dude! Incubus!

Even though I'm goin' all indie rock and roll lately.

The Postal Service, Death Cab for Cutie, Hot Hot Heat, and Carbon Leaf have been my favorite for a while.

anything with a good beat that doesnt involve screaming.

rap, good rock, "irish folk punk", not metallica, certain country songs (about 2 total), barry white, 70s, 80s, classical...

i like most of the rap or rock i hear, but pretty much every genre will have a few songs i really like. the exception being heavy metal. im not impressed by some dude screaming at the top of his lungs about how much he hates "the man".

Celtic Rock???

Carbon Leaf???

no idea, my friend played some for me in his car, i dont actually have any. that was the description he used.

he says its "flogging molly"

when you look for it in limewire the genres that come up include the following: celtic, folk, blues, pop, punk rock, alt. celtic, etc.

im telling you what the computer says and what my friend says... i dont really know, or care, what catagory it actually falls under :P

Irish pirate thrash? Lol, that's what I call it :P

And, to contribute a very eclectic mix of bands:

+ Muse

+ Dishwalla

+ Powerman 5000

+ The Vanished

+ Coldplay

+ 30 Seconds to Mars