Music: What gets you rockin?

Thales

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope

i like a variety, ranging from string cheese incident and galactic to ben folds and coldplay, to davinci's notebook to the entire garden state soundtrack to jack johnson to the juliana theory to modest mouse to pink floyd to the postal service to radiohead and the walkmen

Anything electronic, including most urban tracks, 'cause it's all electronic now, let's face it.

Classical is also good.

Who likes that Goodies song? I love that club feel.

"my goodies, my goodies..."

...yeah

Aimee Mann, A boy named Sue, A perfect circle, Big Bang, Dave Matthews Band, Deftones, Faith No More, Foo Fighters, Gåte, Jeff Buckley, Korn, K's choice, Live, Melissa Auf der Maur, Mr.Bungle, Motorpsycho, Muse, Pearl Jam, Placebo, Race against the Machine, The Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Tori Amos, Unni Wilhelmsen amongst others. And also classical music.

i like some classical as well. rachmaninoff has to be one of my favourite artists ever. i have he himself playing his 4 piano concertos with the philadelphia orchestra and also a bunch of solo recordings including the C# minor and G minor preludes, the elegie in E flat minor, an arrangement of liebesfreude and so on

Yeah, ramst is kinda neat. As is Rob Zombie, in some cases. And Marilyn Manson.

Yeah, all those are on my plate pretty often ... material that doesn't wear out too soon.

Its funny you should mention that! I just got into Rammstein, und Ich zuhoren Rammstein jetzt! :) Geniessen Sie es!

Ja, sehr genussvoll ! And excellent study & work music btw.

Anybody here like Creed? What a great band; too bad they broke up though :(

Creed gets hacked on a fair bit in Australia. Their stuff is a favourite of super-commercial radio stations which makes them quite unpopular with a lot of people. (Matchbox 20 is the other favourite of these stations)

• 2 weeks later...

Pink Floyd, Tool, A Perfect Circle, the original Guns 'N Roses, Alice In Chains, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, The Who, Steve Miller Band, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, Classic Metallica, Nirvana, CCR, and a whole bunch of other 'Classic Rock' bands.

• 4 weeks later...
I feel really out of this conversation because I seem to be the only person that listens to Jazz. Oh well!

Oh! And I am probally youngest here too as well' date=' you would think the old people would like Jazz.[/quote']

I guess jazz isn't all that bad. And I'm young too. But I just find that it doesn't have that melody that catches you. It just keeps flying from one thought to the next without giving you a chance to appreciate the current idea.