star wars thread

c dawg

the star wars are a good series, but the thing is that they can keep coming out, there is no certain end to it.... they can kinda keep going on forever, and will they? they are at the moment!

But that's the best part about it.

Movies, bleh, as much as I love starwars, movies # 1 and 2 sucked thus far. The original 4, 5 and 6 rocked.

The novels is where it's all happening though. You've got to buy and read them. Truly amazing stuff. So far, I have over 50 starwars novels, that includes all of the old series and half of the new one.

i like episode one and two the best so far just because it was all done in digital and the effects are so much better. I like episode 1 and 2 better because it has a whole bunch of jedi not just luke and obi wan.

But that's the best part about it.

Movies' date=' bleh, as much as I love starwars, movies # 1 and 2 sucked thus far. The original 4, 5 and 6 rocked.

The novels is where it's all happening though. You've got to buy and read them. Truly amazing stuff. So far, I have over 50 starwars novels, that includes all of the old series and half of the new one.[/quote']Yeah, I've only read 9 of them, but they're quite decent. A lot of good authors are writing them and continue to do so.

The only problem is that, after allowing these novels to continue the Star Wars universe, they promptly change everything in Episodes 1 and 2. For example, in Jedi Search you find out that it was the scientist Qwi Xux who designed the Death Star, and yet in Episode 2 they're hiding plans for it. That's before the Empire even exists and before Qwi Xux is born, and the official version before the new films or even novels was that the Emperor ordered it built to help control the Empire and such, and he couldn't have done that when he was still just Chancellor.

It should be clear that I prefer the original trilogy to the new films as well. ;)

For example, in Jedi Search you find out that it was the scientist Qwi Xux who designed the Death Star, and yet in Episode 2 they're hiding plans for it. That's before the Empire even exists and before Qwi Xux is born, and the official version before the new films or even novels was that the Emperor ordered it built to help control the Empire and such, and he couldn't have done that when he was still just Chancellor.

Qwi Xux?

If memory serves it was Bevel Lemelisk. Remember the whole sequence where he keeps getting killed and cloned for failing to complete the designs he's asked for?

Ah, I just found this:

Qwi was placed under the tutelage of top Imperial designer Bevel Lemelisk, and she excelled at her design and engineering assignments, sharing in the design of the first Death Star and the World Devastators. Her most powerful superweapon was the Sun Crusher, and indestructible ship that carried resonance torpedos with enough firepower to snuff out a star. Naively, Qwi Xux told herself that her plans could be used to build peaceful objects used in commerce and manufacturing.

The only problem is that' date=' after allowing these novels to continue the Star Wars universe, they promptly change everything in Episodes 1 and 2.[/quote']

When and where and what is at least one movie that's 100% true to it's book counterpart? The books always have more stuff that just doesn't get into a movie for various reasons.