Riddle Can't find the answer online

ché

A man comes home, makes dinner, eats dinner, then turns off the lights and goes to sleep. The next morning the man makes breakfast, turns on the radio, and then kills himself.

Why?

Grrr. :confused:

well there are quite a few holes in the story but my assumption is that the man forgot to turn off the stove or the flame went out and he didn't notice when he was making dinner and the gas leaked out all night. He had turned off everything else the night before but not the stove witch he used to make dinner. I assume He works a 9-5 or or 6-3 job and dose not have too much time in the morning to make a complicated breakfast, so he made cereal or a bagel (Not toasted). And assuming again the man has a preexisting condition where he can't smell mercaptan, the key ingredient in gases that gives it its distinct rotten egg smell. With that in mind the man eats his breakfast or not the story dose not say then proceeds to turn the radio. when he turns on the radio electricity is sent to the electronic components inside the radio creating friction when the dial is turned and making a small spark that kills the man by blowing up his house that was full of natural gas with him in it, assuming he even has a gas stove.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

A man comes home, makes dinner, eats dinner, then turns off the lights and goes to sleep. The next morning the man makes breakfast, turns on the radio, and then kills himself.

Why?

Grrr. :confused:

I couldn't find the answer online too

So

Why what? Why did he come home? I suspect he came home to suicide

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he just wasn't much of an early bird?

He was sleepwalking. The text never mentioned that he woke up, and it doesn't say it is a suicide (i.e. deliberate). Maybe he walked straight out the window, or maybe he electrocuted himself when turning on the radio?

Could the answer lie in the TV series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation".

In Season 11 of the series, Episode 16 was entitled "Turn on, Tune In, Drop Dead".

Which fits the bit about the radio and subsequent demise. Perhaps other episodes cover the coming home, dinner, switching off lights, sleeping, and breakfast?

Just as a note to members who are still speculating - JesusSmokesWeed gave the original/canonical answer way up the page. Like or loathe the answer - the question as formulated was one of de Bono/Sloane type of situation puzzles that was meant to be investigated through the use of yes/no questions and lateral thinking; and as such it had a correct singular answer.

• 5 weeks later...