help with a riddle me ree

ok, I'm working on a puzzle and I need help.

Forever in the FORTRESS and never to LEAVE,

Lies a dark SECRET; how shadows DECEIVE.

Do not be STRAYED by those in AUTHORITY.

Do not ask WHO or WHERE, let's get some CLARITY.

The question is WHY but it's not your CONCERN,

If the answer, without sacrifice, you expect to learn.

Hm, I suspected it was from a game. The context within the game might make for a clear answer, but I have not played the game and probably you haven't either. Here's my guess (highlight to read)

[hide]mistakes[/hide]

I tried it but it didn't work.

This is part of something known as the Pitman Enigma. The answers have to fit into a grid, though don't need to fill all the slots, and then that will lead you to a thread in the forum that has the next puzzle hidden in a post. here is the link to the grid. http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/Jensonson/Enigma/PE-ABodyInTheWall.jpg

Why don't you boys communicate the solutions to each other? This riddle has been solved some years ago. It should be so nice, intelligent & powerful to distribute the information, you could go forward so easily. Unless you prefer be the pawn.

They want losers.

All players are like those old-time alchemists which worked mystically, keeping their findings for themselves as the most valuable secrets. Alone. Humans are so clever to discover things and so stupid to mask the answer once discovered.

What a waste of time & intelligence. People should learn to spread knowledge without any return.

In these games, each player is supposed to be a genius. But they are all alone. They are stupid geniuses.

If the players could unify, I believe they could send the play-maker back to school.

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming you guys have no more suggestions of what it could be.

here are links to every site I could find that has to do with the riddle, incase it sparks any ideas in you guys that it didnt for me.

http://forums.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=53152&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=027a0e9b27a0c319e50568dcec484fab

http://able2know.org/topic/143382-1

Edited by waydol

Wrote this for a daughter being asked to present an essay conserning present day problems. I can explain?

Great stones await, swords clash and grate,

for those who would cross this moat.

Yet!, hark in the "still, see" those who would will me,

a cut to my aged throat??

Edited by rigney

• 2 weeks later...
Wrote this for a daughter being asked to present an essay conserning present day problems. I can explain?

Great stones await, swords clash and grate,

for those who would cross this moat.

Yet!, hark in the "still, see" those who would will me,

a cut to my aged throat??

may I ask what this has to do with the topic of this thread?

• 4 weeks later...

Is the answer one word or a sentence? with riddles like this you dont take the clue words literally, Fortress could mean any place that is protected, they use Seceret, Decieve and Authority, Perhaps the Pentagon, perhaps something to do with UFO's or X-Files, Area 51 for example, Without sacrafice,, (MIB) Just a thought...good luck

• 1 month later...

I have finally solved it. It was far simpler than expected. I would post the answer but I dont want to give it away and I dont know how to do the black spoiler box thing.

Edit: Okay here is the Spoiler answer:

Truth

If you want to find out on your own however, Ill give you a hint. Ask yourself why are you trying to solve the Enigma? it is a one word answer. Hope it helps. :P

Edited by waydol

I have finally solved it. It was far simpler than expected. I would post the answer but I dont want to give it away and I dont know how to do the black spoiler box thing.

It's simple, just use those tags

[spoiler]hidden text here[/spoiler]

And please, tell us how to solve this...

• 3 weeks later...