Articles

We only seem to have one article :/

this surprised me actually.

I could quite easily fiddle with some old essays and upload them, surely others could do the same. And some posts are nearly articles.

maybe we should solicit them?

I was just looking at that earlier today, trying to see how to make it more ..... appealing. I'll probably link the most recent articles on a sidebar, and fix up some of the text fields in there. Wait like 2 days before you guys submit any, I'm going ot make some changes to the submission system

Actually, I don't know. Articles are really sort of useless. If we're going to have them, are there any objections to just making an articles forum...and linking the most recent articles in a sidebar on the mainpage? That way i don't have to fiddle with implementing anything new, you guys don't have to mess with the whole article submission messup, you can easily include images, vbCode, etc...

oh, and keep the thread rating on.

Advantages over current article system:

Easier submission

Searchable

vbcode, images

linked on main page

Disadvantages:

its a forum, like everything else

The opening post of a thread is meant to basically be an open question, whereas an article is usually the oppposite (altho obviously it will point up areas of ignorance).

Articles also cover a lot more ground, enough to have many threads.

This is why they should be seperate.

maybe because the vast majority of us either are in college, have gone to college, or will go to college?

because many us us will be taking the MCAT and deciding on med schools?

because there's broad interest in where the best grad programs in physics are?

because education is the cornerstone of science?