Time for a change?

PaulS1950

Does anyone really believe in their heart that continuously electing members from the same two parties is ever going to change anything?

We have been doing that since Lincoln and it has gotten us this far! How much farther do we need to go before we stop doing the same thing expecting a different outcome?

Does anyone really believe in their heart that continuously electing members from the same two parties is ever going to change anything?

We have been doing that since Lincoln and it has gotten us this far! How much farther do we need to go before we stop doing the same thing expecting a different outcome?

No, to the first question. Still counting, on the second.

You do realize there are other alternatives, right?

Libertarian is the #3 party and their platform is to reduce government back to the original constitutional guidelines.

Getting the feds out of our pockets, off our property, and out of the business world will make me happier. Lets face it the feds have never had a profitable adventure in any business. How can we expect them to make business decisions for us?

Some things have changed. Others have stayed the same. I am really sick of people who equivocate the two parties. While on a broader, more ecumenical scope, America does have a conservative party and an ultraconservative reactionary party, that doesn't change the fact that there are indeed rather substantial differences between the two. While I think it'd be great if America actually had a bona fide liberal progressive party instead of shoving the progressives into the big tent then bitch and complain whenever they propose anything more than moderate legislation, I'll settle for the Democrats for now.

More choice would be a good thing, most would agree. However, I think some structural changes of congress and the executive is needed. It is difficult to get things done even when a majority is reached by one party, so having more groups would probably result in even less action, more compromise, deals, etc.