Jurassic Park -- Completely impossible?

Guest Sydsnapsidin

do you not need stem cells to make other parts of the dinosaur' date=' unless you just want to spend millions on some sort of dino-black pudding......

So does a mosquito not have to eat bone marrow or an umbillical cord to make dinosaurs?[/quote']

explain to me how u get DNA from blood cells that have no nucleus?!

Funny.

Red blood cells don't have dna. White blood cell do.

Here's a good read for ya.

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/B/Blood.html

what i meant is that to make a complete dinosaur you need every organ a dianosaur has you either need stem cells or a sample of every cell yes? hence cloning humans is controversial as it requires stem cells from embryos (or bone marrow)

The whole controversy of cloning or stem cells comes mostly when you deal(or try to) with Embryonic stem cells.

Bone marrow stem cells(research) are/is not controversial.

what i meant is that to make a complete dinosaur you need every organ a dianosaur has you either need stem cells or a sample of every cell yes? hence cloning humans is controversial as it requires stem cells from embryos (or bone marrow)

The DNA inside every nucleus of all the cells of the body contain the entire DNA strand that contains the genetic code for all organs and everything that is coded for in the organism (exceptions aside).

Red blood cells don't have dna. White blood cell do.

Actually, dinosaur red blood cells would have DNA. AFAIK, it's only mammals who have RBCs that lack nuclei. Reptiles, birds, and all other vertebrates have nucleated red blood cells.

wow what kind of a crazy ass surrogate would you need for a dinosaur?

Ostriches/emus would be a place to start for the smaller species of dinosaurs, I guess.

Mokele