Halo2 vs Doom3

Encrypted

yes probably, to be honest, what game is better is personal opinion anyway, this is a mainly totaly pointless thread which will get nowhere, but what the heck, it nice to know what others think!

HALO RULES

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can your opinion of a game that has not yet been released - in production or in beta - be personal in any way whatsoever?

Surely it can only be based on experience and reputation of past titles, which is not the best way to evaluate what is essentially a different game.

yeah yeah, but what i meant was that whether a game is good or not, is a personal view, so whilsts people like real time strategy games, i dont, whilsts people like doom3 based on play, and not halo2 based on reviews and the previous halo, i do like halo2,

this is how and why i came to the conclusion that whether a game is good or not, its stll personal view, whilsts we can read the same review, the idea of shooting aliens in the day might appeal to some, whilsts walking round in pitch black rooms may appeal to others.

yeah yeah, but what i meant was that whether a game is good or not, is a personal view, so whilsts people like real time strategy games, i dont, whilsts people like doom3 based on play, and not halo2 based on reviews and the previous halo, i do like halo2
I hope Halo 2 sucks donkey balls, just to make you look a little silly.

I didn't find Doom 3 to be as dark as people seem to be claiming. There are a few dark corners, true enough, but you can always see to navigate and don't really need to use the torch that much.

My criticism of the game would be that it was very linear and rather unimaginative.

soz, my mistake, i would change it, but that would make your post #62 look really stupid, so i'll leave them all, so people reading this dont think that one of us are really dumb [dont reply to that last part!]

yes that should work, i havent got the game infront of me, but there may be other graphics options to make it lighter, there often are in games, gamma, contrast and even brightness can make a slight difference in dark conditions [thats dark in the game, not in a dark room]

do you find that the actual game is fun? what do you think of it?

sure, nice graphics and sound FX, terrible storyline, but is the gameplay any good? is it fun? what kinda weapons you get as you advance through the game?

Doom3 IS fun. Turning up the birghtness and contrast and shit doesn't really make the game that good though. Darkness is a lot of the effect the game's environment has on your gameplay. You get all the same guns as the original Doom games just updated versions and you get grenades and stuff like that. Buy it, download it, just play it and you'll see. I also agree with Sayo on how yu can judge a game that isn't out yet.....

you could do that with any game. the darkness with doom 3 is part of the setting. it wouldn't be the same. it's not only the darkness in doom 3 its the environment, it makes it scary, the darkness is just the icing on the cake.

you shouldn't be taking a side on what you think is better yet until you have actually played the game. if the game was out and you were saying halo 2 is better that would be ok. but now your just going on the previous game and saying that its going to be better.

hey dave, your quick! no offense, sayo pointed this all out, i think on page 2 or 3, he said it was a pointless debate, i agreed, it is purely personal opinion. its a dead pointless argument...

and then i end:

HALO2 RULES

[and the arguments start up again!]

• 6 months later...
Let's see.....

1)Halo 2 has better graphics

2)Halo 2 has better gameplay

3)Halo 2 has better storylines

4)In short: HALO 2 RULES!!!

Encrypted

Having played Halo2 more than once, I have to cautiously agree. I have never played Doom3, even though I am a fan of that series as well, I heard it takes I high-end computer to play, and I frankly don't have the money to blow on getting a new, faster Alienware computer with video cards and crap like that. Halo2's graphics are good, you can ever pick out the indiviual hairs on brute's faces when sniping them. Playing as the Arbiter was a nice surprise as well. I love that guy. It has a great storyline, realistic, convincing gameplay and great new weapons/vehicles. I give tentatively say it is superior to Doom3 it. If the occurance that i win the lotto and can afford a computer that costs as much as a car good enough to run new computer games, we might see.