Halo2 vs Doom3

Encrypted

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah. Ok I will try to get some of those videos then. Doom3 lacks the storyline but the atmosphere is great and it does keep you on the end of your seat don't you agree?

Honestly, the atmosphere in HL2 is just completly different. It's not a good comparison because it's horror genre against action genre. But if you get one of the movies, HL2 looks stunning. The graphics in HL2 only look a bit average if you see them in screenshots, in the movies you can see that everything (furniture to building walls and cars) can be blown up, moved, distorted or picked up to use as a weapon. It has tripods that are massive enemys (taller than the buildings), cars you can drive and huge levels. It just looks like a great game.

Let's see.....

1)Halo 2 has better graphics

2)Halo 2 has better gameplay

3)Halo 2 has better storylines

4)In short: HALO 2 RULES!!!

Encrypted

is a good summary about both games

the funny thing about doom 3 is that its SO F**KING DARK you can't appreciate all the nice graphics' date=' plus the game play is damn near the same as doom 1 :( [/quote']

is a good summary of doom3

i say, here's a description of doom3, you go into a room, the lights go out, you shoot blindly, sometimes get some damage to you done, kill the bad guy, turn on your light, and walk into the next room, and it all happens again!

whereas halo 2 is a wicked game, which does not repeat itself, and is a wicked game, with variation, visible graphics, there is skill involved, not purely blind shooting, which we see in doom3

overall, halo 2 is better!

I am in the same place except the next part of the Delta Labs. The darkness in Doom3 is a good feature though. You have to admiut that whilke the game is dark it adds tension and excitement of not know ing wtf is going to happen next. I will admit its storyline is lacking but c'mon. It keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Play it! you'll see. Except for you closed minded people out there. While I am a big Doom fan I will still admit that Halo2 and HL2 are going to be great games no doubt about it just try to see the pros of every game not just the cons or just what you want to see because you wlike something else better. Know what I'm saying?

physics engine and graphics are absolutely amazing, as is the AI.
Yep. I've been playing the CounterStrike:Source beta the last week or so. It's based on the new HL2 engine and the physics system is cool.

Player models behave properly, instead of being static animations. Throw a grenade and players will fly through the air like rag dolls. Just about everything in the scenery can be moved and used to your advantage. You can move barrels about and hide behind them, for example.

Word is Half Life 2 will start pre-loading through Steam in the next week or so. It'll be available soon after.

the darkness of doom 3 is the whole point. it may piss you off but if the lights were on the whole time it wouldn't be scary, and it would be much easier. doom3 isn't just blind shooting. thats what makes it hard. you take yur flash light out and see where the bad guys are then you shoot the shit out of them. if teh lights were on like in halo 2 it would be too simple. And in doom 3 if you just walked into a room and started shooting you would easily run out of bullets and would never be able to beat the game. you always have to look for bullets and health and armour. thats what makes it hard. if you just shoot like crazy you'll never beat the game.

you know, i read that post and matched you with another friend i have, i dont know how he ever completes a game, but he does!

you can always shoot crazy, i mean, i completed hitman 2 by shooting everyone i saw, and thats a stealth game, trust, i've never seen, played or heard of a game where it is impossible to shoot and win, and i've played doom3, its run shoot run

The old Doom games were run-and-gun but Doom3 is a bit more than that. Even so I will agree that Doom3 is lacking a storyline but it has come a long ways from the originals. Even with the storyline lacking there is still a lot to it.