Cancer, HIV and other major diseases

Guest Dr. J

Hello Im new here...hehe

I have this wierd question... and Im hoping that someone can help me out :D

I now this may sound wierd, but Ive read that by "upgrading" water (H2O) to H2O2.. it becomes something very good...

that the new H2O2 is capable of destroing bacterias which we hate....and being capable of destroing deseases like cancer and HIV..

Now, when I heard this I though, wtf, its like....its water....with an additionall oksygen molecule... but then again..who knows...

Thats why I did this, asking you people.. to get someones thoughts and knowledge on this...

So what do you think about H2O2?

Dr. J :)

H2O2 is hydrogen peroxide.

It is corrosive and highly reactive (to the point of being explosive). It is mutagenic and therefore can be considered a carcinogen if inhaled or ingested, so as a cure for cancer it might not be that helpful.

I'd imagine it kills pathogens brilliantly in vitro, but in the human body it's going to do more harm than good.

Peroxide is used alot as an antibacterial by our cells. It's also used to break down stuff that cells bring inside them. It's contained in little vesicles called peroxisomes that stop it wreaking havoc inside the body. These fuse with what ever needs peroxiding and empty their contents, but don't allow the peroxide to enter the cell.

Hospitals use weak peroxide solution as an antiseptic. It's used to clean wounds. It foams and bubbles on contact with with the wound, which looks quite impressive. It's quite good on sloughy wounds though. Cleans them up nicely. The bubbling releases oxygen, which also inhibits any anaerobic bacteria than may be present.

Just one small addition. If I had a choice between using hydrogen peroxide or triple antibiotic cream on a minor wound, I would use triple antibiotic cream. It's less likely to leave scars.

True. Having said that, they only use it as a first step in cleaning dirty wounds, road-rash, bites, sloughy wounds, that kind of thing. After it's done its job, it's rinsed off with normal saline, and the wound is dressed with something like betadine.

I saw a rocket car at Santa Pod that ran on hydrogen peroxide. That looked a lot more fun than cleaning wounds.

the 1`st rocket packs (as worn at the L.A Olympics some years ago) were H2O2 over a silver mesh catalyst, the resultant Steam was plenty to send the guy flying :)

as for a "medicine" Topical use only, in vitro would prove fatal!

and consumed as a beverage you`ll destroy your stomach and asophagus as it burned the mucuos membranes away and shriveled the now white frothing flesh, a perfectly horrible way to die I should imagine?

Probably not with hospital solution. It's only something like 2% or 0.2% (can't remember which). It fizzes up on contact with blood, but doesn't sting at all and it's not even strong enough to bleach the hairs on your hand.

A small point in reply to Lucid Dreamer...I would rather use hydrogen peroxide to clean a wound nowadays (even if it stung like hell) considering the numbers of antibiotic resistant bacteria that are kicking around now! Just something to consider when GP's are STILL prescribing antibiotics like they are going out of fashion.