Charlatan's domestic laboratory...

Charlatan

You can make a lab in your home by taking shot glasses or very small glases that nobody drinks out of for containers. To get all the ingredients, well, experiment with the spices, oils and left over foods that lie around. They all react, imagine the medicines you could make with spices?

Spices make the best medicine because they burn things like cells. If you were to experiment with a blood sample and take some tupperware containers - not as good but good enough - you could treat the infected blood, that nobody has anything better to do with, and add things to it.

If you were to go to class and experiment there, you would be able to see if things work or not, and how adding spices from your kitchen affects the diseases. Chicken soup for a cold? Think harder... um...

anyone who tinks that bunging a few spices into a shot glass make the 'best' medicine:

1/ doesn't understand what a medicine is.

2/ isn't qualified to comment on it.

Ok daddio, do bees ever get diseases? Do botanists or the people that work with flowers get sick?

Take a look at a restaurant. Take a poll. See how often people that work with spices in the kitchen get sick? Very few, and that is because they work with meats that carry rotting smells as soon as the blood stops circulating.

So, you can reason this out as being that burning cells burns diseases too. The cells grow back, so you will feel sick for a while.

And? Do you agree? I would like you to. You have a lot fo influence being such a prolific poster! Poster... erm... yeah!

they don't get sick from raw meat because of a little thing called hygiene. you know, washing your hands with antibacterial soaps or even gloves in some cases.

the smell of the meat doesn't really have anything to do with it other than as an indication of decay.

and yes, bees botanists and kitchen workers do getsick. just as often as any other person. and medicines don't work by 'burning cells' and neither do spices.

Apparently bees can get lots of diseases, who'd have thought Google would know that?

Spices are of course used in medicine, from home remedies to providing the active ingredients in proper drugs. In fact they do have antibacterial properties - however randomly throwing spices around without any scientific approach isn't going to help you develop medicines.

Ingesting large amounts of something that's usually taken in nutritionally insignificant quantities is not a good idea and could make a sick person a lot more sick. Cooking oil induce vomiting and carelessly mucking about with left over food presents a risk of food poisoning.

I'm not sure I even want to comment on how irresponsible it is to experiment on human blood in a home lab.

Take a look at a restaurant. Take a poll. See how often people that work with spices in the kitchen get sick? Very few, and that is because they work with meats that carry rotting smells as soon as the blood stops circulating.

So, you can reason this out as being that burning cells burns diseases too. The cells grow back, so you will feel sick for a while.

This is really bad reasoning. First, there is no evidence that people who work with spices get sick less often (sorry, a "poll" won't cut it). In fact, the anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that kitchen workers get sick quite a lot (I know some restaurant owners who keep extra staff because of the daily "call in sick" experiences they've had).

Second, you fail to draw a correlation between "rotting smells", use of spices and getting sick. I can't even begin to unravel that.

And third, trying to "reason this out" by assuming spices in general burn diseases is bad logic, bad science and bad gastronomy. Spices, blended correctly, aid in flavor and digestion, but they don't actually "burn" anything. The sensation you get from capsaicin is because of the molecule's ability to slip through cell membranes to bind with receptors, not because it "burns" the cells in any way.

This is really bad reasoning. First, there is no evidence that people who work with spices get sick less often (sorry, a "poll" won't cut it). In fact, the anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that kitchen workers get sick quite a lot (I know some restaurant owners who keep extra staff because of the daily "call in sick" experiences they've had).

Second, you fail to draw a correlation between "rotting smells", use of spices and getting sick. I can't even begin to unravel that.

And third, trying to "reason this out" by assuming spices in general burn diseases is bad logic, bad science and bad gastronomy. Spices, blended correctly, aid in flavor and digestion, but they don't actually "burn" anything. The sensation you get from capsaicin is because of the molecule's ability to slip through cell membranes to bind with receptors, not because it "burns" the cells in any way.

OK smarty pants, look at it this way, salt is a spice. It absorbs liquids. Inside the liquids lie the diseases. The body makes more clean blood then to the amount of the blood capacity, so drink lots of liquids.

OK smarty pants, look at it this way, salt is a spice. It absorbs liquids. Inside the liquids lie the diseases. The body makes more clean blood then to the amount of the blood capacity, so drink lots of liquids.
My pants make more sense than you do. Salt doesn't absorb liquids. Salt helps the body maintain fluid levels, but it's the kidneys, not the blood, that regulate that.

Besides, where does this new line of reasoning fit in with your "spices burn disease" premise?

Pants almost always make sense. Trust me on that.
I'd like to hear the story that prompted this reaction.

Start another thread for it because this one needs to close, now that Mr Spice of Life has been banned. This one will just keep getting bumped by med students and pants salesmen.