Time Understanding Crucible

NavajoEverclear

Consider this the third : things that piss me off thread. Not that i'm that pissy about it, i'm just going to make a proposition, and i'll make it in a sec.

For the record, the first was on Stupid CD-RW disc, and the second was on Hot Pockets.

Well i have come to an idea that all people on the planet should be catagorized into those who undestand how time does exist, and those who think it dont. Those who think it dont will be shipped to the moon to continue their line of inferior genes, without contaminating ours. The only exceptions will be hot girls.

But really i think there is a completely seperate psychology for those people who think time doesn't exist. How can they not see past the novelty of such a 'revolutionary' idea and understand time in its place is an inherent property of the universe? Their incapacity to understand puzzles me. I have a friend who has this syndrome (yes its a syndrome now) and insists that time doesn't exist. I don't know how to argue with him because his way of thinking isn't even a compatible interface for communicating my understanding.

Fine, maybe they aren't inferior, but they certainly are different, and i want to identify exactly what it is, because i am utterly stumped.

If you find THAT irritating, try speaking to a nihilist for any period of time.

Or if you REALLY want to pull your hair out, Ill direct you to another forum that I chat on. A New Age and Paranormal forum, where i happen to be one of the resident skeptics. The theories some of the people on that site come up with are just.... interesting :)

A nihilist doesn't believe in anything.

Scary, in its own way. Here is the dictionary definition:

ni·hil·ism

n.

Philosophy.

An extreme form of skepticism that denies all existence.

A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.

Rejection of all distinctions in moral or religious value and a willingness to repudiate all previous theories of morality or religious belief.

The belief that destruction of existing political or social institutions is necessary for future improvement.

So basically, NOTHING exists. Not you, not I, not the universe, time, nothing, nothing at all. Interesting, hey? :)