Nuclear Fusion

unknow force

Thermonuclear fusion....for some the last chance of the humanity :rolleyes: .....well romanticism appart....

About this technology the research have taked almost 60 years without clear advances (2 seconds of “glory” :D !!!! and billions dollars wasted!!!!!) the investigation is in wrong way???? there are political intersests???, the fusion could destroy the petroleum monopoly??? the fusion is not important???? or simplity the tech is almost impossible??? rigth now the countries in the research are USA, russia, europe, china, india, japan, there are two reactors design the “tokamak” (using an toroidal magnetic field-high temperature plasma) and the laser –inertial reactor (using many high power lasers in an deuterium-tritium target), i show below the both sistems, what is your favorite????? ahh dont forget that cold fusion myth, it could be possible???? :confused:

82348med.jpg

jet1.jpg

NovaInside.jpg

Rem2.gif

Rem4.gif

Hello theprofet!!!, yes the tokamak have that "brutal" thermodynamical advantage, i really dont know the "plus" ot the laser tech (less energy ingnition???, maintenaicing???), anyone knows if russians or europeans are researching the laser fusion?????

Also, there are not other reactor designs????

Well what i've heard (but this is shurely old news) The Laser version had the same problems as the tokamok, it can't sustain the Fusion process.. It worked in pulses insteads since it ignited miniatur hydrogen bombs! And i have not heard recent progress on this type either!

The tokamok today i belive is our best bet and I hope ITER is built so that we can se the popential of our technology for this power source! But as usual Poitics is now rouning all the research and building of ITER... Some countries pulled oput the project since they would't get to have ITER in the country and be first with Fusion... Greedy mother f***ers!

I believe the latest is that they have been able to generate as much power as they sink of late and the next ITER Tokamak is supposed to be able to be a function generator (30% output I think). Still not enough to make it economical(goodness I hate that word) but a generator no less.

I believe one of the major problems of the tokamak is the high neurton flux which would make the walls of the housing of the generator slowly become radioactive. Much improvement in materials science may still be required. As, the generator will be powerful while in full swing, but shutting such a high temperature system off and replacing these radioactive walls (regularly) with new one's would consume more energy than the plant could generate over a time possibly in large proprtion to the system downtime(crude estimate) this would futher complicate the economics(dammit!)

I believe the latest is that they have been able to generate as much power as they sink of late and the next ITER Tokamak is supposed to be able to be a function generator (30% output I think). Still not enough to make it economical(goodness I hate that word) but a generator no less.

I believe one of the major problems of the tokamak is the high neurton flux which would make the walls of the housing of the generator slowly become radioactive. Much improvement in materials science may still be required. As' date=' the generator will be powerful while in full swing, but shutting such a high temperature system off and replacing these radioactive walls (regularly) with new one's would consume more energy than the plant could generate over a time possibly in large proprtion to the system downtime(crude estimate) this would futher complicate the economics(dammit!)[/quote']

That's no good news/fact.. let's hope our goverments keep pushing research

on Fusion! So that we one day can harness it and finally skip Fission reactors...

Thales

believe one of the major problems of the tokamak is the high neurton flux which would make the walls of the housing of the generator slowly become radioactive.

So in the long way the fusion makes polution????

Well for me was obvius the international political intersests when the main countries decided the construction of the international reactor, i dont remember good, but i think that the polemic was the location of the reactor, USA and japan wanted build the generator in kioto-tokio??? and the occidental europeans-russians in france??

America is still researching the laser fusion (OMEGA), the success of the tokamak could put some scientifics-politicals angry???