disassemble from exe to C/C++?

PaulS1950

Well, I was hoping that I could recover some of the formulas and math without having to do all the research again after 25 years. If that isn't likely to happen then I guess I will just do it the old fashioned way - work for it - again.

Thank you for taking the time to answer,

Paul

Yes, I have backed up source code from most of my software but I somehow lost the source on two of my favorites. I have always tried to back up everything but over the course of twenty-five years and more than a few computers I have had just two losses. Not a bad record but It seems that I have lost two of my favorites.

It doesn't look like I can use any of the decompilers that have been mentioned so I am going to have to rework the math for my new versions. Such is life.

still, I am grateful for the help I have received here.

thank you all,

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

I've done this before to a video game client. The problem is that variables loose their names so you don't know what anything represents and there is no hierarchy of files for organization or anything like that, as Captain said. I don't remember what I used but it was called a decompiler, not a disassembler. Hope you can get your formulas re-worked out without too much trouble.