SFN Logo Contest Complete!

The SFN Logo Contest voting period is now over, and the members have spoken? (Well, not "spoken," more like "pressed a button." But you know what I mean.)

The winner is:

sfn-integral-w-orbitals-nodots.jpg

Of course, that's not the final version -- we'll be tweaking and updating the design to make it as best as we can before we start using it.

Now, since mooeypoo designed the logo and I contributed the idea, we're clearly not just awarding all the free shirts to ourselves. To keep in the spirit of things, toastywombel and tomgwyther will be awarded free SFN shirts, for their participation and effort in the logo contest!

I'll be getting in contact with both once we have shirts designed and ready to go. For now, it's time to finish this logo and make the switch to IPB 3.1.

I get a T-shirt! that's all I care about. woo hoo!

I've got some painting and decorating to do soon and could do with something to wear whilst I do it... Only joking!

The t-shirt will have pride of place next to my Diploma and Gold disc.

Newton had his apple, Archimedes had his giant lever, Darwin had his finches, and I shall take my place among these giants with my SFN attire; an unrivalled accolade, bestowed to only a few.

Thank you SFN, and thank you to those who voted for me.

Just hang on a bit for us to finalize the logo and send one out. I'll PM you for details as soon as we're ready. (Dunno how long that'll take, so don't get too excited quite yet...)

Any word on when the new software will be ready?

Is there any chance of making the logo animated? For example for an 'electron shell' to slowly move just to add to the great-looking logo (I voted for this incidentally). Also, can we see a preview for the all new SFN forum set-up? Good luck with the changes.

Any word on when the new software will be ready?

First betas of IPB 3.1 should be out in a week or so. I'll be done with school in two weeks, so real work can start then. So, this summer.

Is there any chance of making the logo animated? For example for an 'electron shell' to slowly move just to add to the great-looking logo (I voted for this incidentally). Also, can we see a preview for the all new SFN forum set-up? Good luck with the changes.

I'm not sure about animated logos. I already don't like animated avatars too much. You can see our test site online, though:

http://area51.scienceforums.net/

Feel free to register and tinker (and tell me if there's something wrong), but please don't use your regular SFN username in case I try to run a conversion run on it -- it chokes when two people have the same username on import.

That might literally make it take forever for me to load a page at work. It already takes me several minutes to load each page. It takes a long time to post.

Imagine dialup on wifi with 10 tabs open. Then halve the speed. Ugh. That's why I rarely ever post while out to sea.

• 5 weeks later...