Doom3 Discussion

Fellowes

Yeah. I'm planning on majoring in integreted sciences. That's where they mix art and science together. I'd like to be an astronomer until I get noticed in the art world. And then, I'd like to use my physics to help me with space ships, since I write a lot of sci-fi scripts for toons I'd like to make.

Do you plan on a career in science?

Well yeah actually I do want to persue a career in science. I want something along the lines of wildlife researcher(preferably marine) but whatever comes my way. My first priority is hockey though. I know all kids that play hockey say oh I wanna play in the NHL and stuff but I am serious about it. I train with Dave Eli Maccheran(he won a gold medal at the Olympics in Nagano '98) and I know(i don't know if you watch hockey at all but) Brad Richards. Anyways, I have always liked wildlife photography too. When you say miz your science and your art, how?

Well, for the degree it just means I take science and art classes and it all counts towards one degree. It's basically so I don't have to double-major. That was my original plan, but this is easier :D

Wow, I love hockey!! Yes, I know who Brad Richards is. I wish they had girls hockey where I live. But they will where I go to college. Of course I'll be playing floor hockey, I'm not the best skater. Soccer and archery are my main sports though.

Yes keep practising to become number 1! There aren't many archers out there either so if you worked at it you'd have a good chance. So I think. This thread isn't really aboiut Doom3 anymore. Can you start a new thread for just discussion I already have like 4 threads going.

I have just played a game of Halo. And there is no comparism between it and Doom 3. Doom 3 kicks the !@$^&%$ out of it. The graphics are twice as good i think it has a better story line, it is a much scarier environment and i think you can just get into the game a lot better than halo. And you guys can't say halo 2 is better than Doom 3. It isn't even out yet.

Shame to us!!!! Why do you say that. Id Software are legendary in the gaming industry. They came out with a Dos first person shooter game a decade ago! They have the experience and backround, I'd like to the Halo creators compete with that. Have you played Doom3 5614?

I'd like to add some of my thoughts.

Doom 3 was very fun for me when I bought it. For me, and I think others as well, it provided a feeling of tension that you could wear like an extra tight speedo. My first thought about Doom 3 was "54 dollars?" I started to feel angry at Id for charging 54 dollars. I had to remind myself that maybe the costs of production had brought that price to reality. Then I got even more worried when I thought about the possibilities of that trend catching on. I wouldn't be surprised of Half Life 2 cost over fifty dollars to purchase when it's released, because obviously everyone would pay that amount. So my main gripe is the replay value. I beat Doom 3 on Veteran the first time I played it (it was pretty easy) and didn't need any type of walkthrough. I kind of breezed through the game. After beating the final Boss I realized I could play the game on Nightmare mode. I didn't like this mode at all. The problem with playing through Doom 3 after you beat it is you know where every monster is going to spawn, and the fun of playing it through the first time is that you don't know those things. Also, your health falling steadily on Nightmare mode isn't very creepy, just annoying. Nightmare mode should include more monsters, or more spawns, or something.

The Multiplayer system could have been better. The game has a TON of potential for multiplayer greatness. There are places to hide, lights to turn on and off to set ambushes, teleporters, and let's not forget the berzerker skull. Who doesn't like running around very fast while screaming and punching people to death? I'd like to see a different death animation in Multiplayer mode aside from the usual quick disintegration of the body. I want to see body parts flying! Maybe someone could put in a one hit kill weapon like a big blade that you can use after crouching in a dark corner and waiting for someone. Punching people is fun, but not fun enough. Basically, someone needs to mod Doom 3, preferably professionals, like Id maybe? Yeah.