position of women vs your religion

swaha

how much respect & independence does ur religion give to girls?

in my religion sanatan hindu dharma girls are given the highest respect.

"naryastu yatra pujyante ramante tatra devta" where girls are worshipped god stays there.

please reply.

I'm an Orthodox Agnostic ( believe there is a god but I doubt the bible is the truth), and I consider that women should receive equal treatment, and should actually be treated better because science can make the man unneeded to reproduce, but women cannot be replaced with something else.

I believe there is a higher power but not an omnipotent one that rewards or punishes us based on our actions. I have no problem worshiping women and letting them bestow their bounties on me.

The one I worship most has my highest respect and support and I give her all the independence she needs to be happy and productive.

• 2 months later...

thank u but i was wondering if there is anyone from islam having similar views.

I have plenty of muslim friends who respect both men and women equally. You should not make such generalizations based on minorities belonging to a particular group and assume what goes for them goes for the whole group. It's quite offensive.

Well, dang. I thought this thread was going to be on a more interesting topic: What's the deal with the positions that various religions advocate that men and women use? For example, the advocacy of Catholic Church's for the missionary position versus Bali Hinduism for the lotus position versus the Kama Sutra which advocates for every position. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Latter Day Saint. We believe that women should be treated with upmost respect. Women are not worshiped, but highly respected. Because men in my religion hold the presthood (considered God's power) and women can't, we need to serve everyone. I am not saying that only women should be treated with respect, but everyone. Its just that when you hurt a woman, it is considered a more grevious sin than if you hurt another man.