evolution or creation?

I rate you do it anyways. There's nothing here that people smarter than us haven't already discussed to hell and gone with similar outcomes. First it's a friendly debate then someone comes along and pretends to be smarter and then the mud-slinging and ad hominem starts.

Iceveela: You are 19, no matter how smart you are you can't compete with several years of university-level training, your thinking whilst on the right track is still too egocentric. Stop trying so hard to prove your point and work with what other people offer you (less aggressively if I might add), that is the nature of a great discussion.

About evolution: for the last 160 years, people on both end of the spectrum have been feverishly trying to prove/disprove this little theory with quite some vigour. Well, it's survived this long. It is, currently, the best explanation for the available evidence (of which there is a boat-load). I'm not saying it is the absolute truth on the matter. But it is the best way of explaining those things that we can observe. Citing the fossil record as being incomplete is a fallacy, because at some point in time there will be two sets of skeletons, where one is the immediate ancestor of the other and no further intermediate will be found and secondly, we are trying to look at things lost in the earth for several thousand years. If you even look at the process of how fossils are formed it is incredibly amazing to think that we've even found as many as we have. Even if, in some far, magical future, evolution was disproved, that doesn't change the fact that, without it several areas in biology would not have progressed as far and as fast as they have. We know enough about biology, geology, physics, astronomy, archeology, history and paleontology to have fully discredited the linch-pin of creation "science"(?), namely that the earth was created in its present state 6000 to 10000 years ago. Even if you think evolution is wrong, you immediately have to discredit all those other sciences. And then you just become a crazy person ;). I guess the main thing that worries people is that evolution removes this notion of anthropocentrism, just like Galileo/Copernicus did (except on a larger scale). I haven't met a person who thinks evolution is wrong that doesn't simultaneously believe that they are really, really special and that God (or whatever) has put them, AND ONLY THEM, on the earth for an inscrutably special purpose the they AND ONLY THEY can perform. Yes, it is scary that we are here by mere fluke, but isn't it fascinating also? Isn't it beautiful that here is a process, as simple concept, that ties together all the natural world in one, giant web of life and inter-relation? As opposed some dude with a beard snapping his fingers and there you are.

You want my scientific opinion about Creationism?

Disclaimer: Do not read if you're are easily offended by Agnosticism

The majority of creationism comes strait out of the first book in the bible 'Genesis.' Most religious followers believe the story was inspired by God, the truth is it was a story made up and told by Moses. For that matter, the first several books of the bible where all written by or the stories originated from just Moses. Let's talk about Moses for a second. Well... he started out as murderer (Exodus 2 12). I think killing gave him some kind of morbid sense of power because it only got insatiably worse. In egypt he killed children (Exodus 12:29-36) because he wasn't getting his way with the Pharaoh. When the pharaoh finally said "Get out!" he led his people out of egypt. They would genocide anyone who would get in their way (Deut 7:1-4,16,24) and he brought down slavery laws that where worse then their own treatment in Egypt (look up Chattel Slavery). Moses would kill people just for picking up sticks on his precious, and very made up 7th day that "God" rested (num 15 32-36)

So to conclude... everything in the bible is founded on a man who was a murderer and talked to plants. If you want my opinion (probably don't) but it is possible the Moses is the single biggest liar in human history. His lies butterfly effected in massive wars leaving countless numbers of people dead and suffering in the name of his "God". Some of these wars over his 'promised land' continue to this very day. The picture he painted of God was more of his own alter ego. The question shouldn't be "Did God create man in his image" it should be "Did Moses create god in his?"

Edited by Light Storm

it took a long time but i am not sure in how many days or years.

Approximately 13 to 14 billion years for the evolution of the universe, about 4.5 billion for our own solar system. A further 1.3 for the appearance of life and then about 3.2 for the evolution of man.

Approximately 13 to 14 billion years for the evolution of the universe, about 4.5 billion for our own solar system. A further 1.3 for the appearance of life and then about 3.2 for the evolution of man.

lets talk about jesus x

didnt he created godeth? wait hold on...ill have to get back to you on this one

EDIT: after strenuous research it has been confirmed that the affirmative is TRUE so it was jesus....the sneeky little ....

Edited by keelanz

lets talk about jesus x

didnt he created godeth? wait hold on...ill have to get back to you on this one

EDIT: after strenuous research it has been confirmed that the affirmative is TRUE so it was jesus....the sneeky little ....

!

Moderator Note

Oh, FFS. I've posted two prior admonitions not to go down this path. Third time's the charm