oxygen scam....do our cell tissues really benefit?

well the thing is, the H2O2 would never reach your blood stream. it decomposes too quickly. the saliva you produce will destroy all traces. if that doesn't cut it then the stomach acids would.

a popular experiment for showing the decomposition is to put a droplet of blood and some H2O2 together and the decomposition happens very quickly.

well the thing is, the H2O2 would never reach your blood stream. it decomposes too quickly. the saliva you produce will destroy all traces. if that doesn't cut it then the stomach acids would.

a popular experiment for showing the decomposition is to put a droplet of blood and some H2O2 together and the decomposition happens very quickly.

Thanks, alien. So, in that study, could we deduce that the rats' dissappearence of tumors was due to something else? Faulty/old school science? Lack of true cause/effect relationship? (Im just wondering how these guys even got papers published and have gone down in at least some history, albeit somewhat obscure........

I googled lots of other "studies" and man, a lot of PhD's/Doctors in the past were into this stuff. Im no sympathizer with pharmaceuticals, as I believe they are just out for themselves-the empire and all.....A drug for everything. (They are one of the biggest if not the biggest spender on TV ads today)

Cant it be that , like white blood cells, H2O2 can be good AND yet sometinmes develop into a bad situation?

Well I don't think H2O2 would be much of a drug. It's really quite cheap and there's no patent for it, although I suppose it would be consumed in large quantities. That and our enzymes will make it disappear quite quickly, definitely before reaching the bloodstream. Still, that is not to say that it can't have an effect, especially if it kills some stuff on the mucous membranes or influences gene expression. It would certainly be worth investigating (in a scientific study, not just randomly drink chemicals and hope your problems go away).

• 2 weeks later...

I kinow this is kind of old now, but just came across this and thought it would be relevant to this subject:

Oxygen therapy

* Hydrogen peroxide, diluted in water, is commonly used as a bleach and a disinfectant. Some alternative health practitioners advocate drinking, injecting or bathing in weak solutions of this chemical as a cure for AIDS, flu, cancer and other illnesses. There is no evidence to support these claims. Several people have died as a result of swallowing or injecting hydrogen peroxide.56 57

* Ozone is an unstable form of oxygen gas. Ozone therapy has been proposed as a treatment or cure for many illnesses, including HIV infection. One delivery method is autohemotherapy, which involves removing some of a patient’s blood, exposing it to ozone, and then putting it back into the patient. Alternatives include pumping the gas into the rectum, drinking water containing ozone bubbles (ozonized water, which contains hydrogen peroxide), or injecting the gas into the bloodstream. Studies of ozone autohemotherapy in HIV positive people have found it has no significant effect on CD4 counts and other outcomes.58

Yup, sure is looking like Quackery with every new day........Gees, Im usually trying to get excess gas OUT of the rectum, and theyre suggesting to pump it in (shaking head, what will they print next)........

I've also heard of this being used a tooth whitener.

Hydrogen peroxide + baking soda as toothpaste.

It actually works extremely well, I've seen it done (not on myself) but a friend decided to use it to whiten his teeth and it worked exceptionally well with awesome results, but after reading what hydrogen peroxide does to cells it does concern me.

Would using this as a scrub or wash in an environment like the mouth result in cell damage??

Perhaps as a mouthwash it would not, but as a scrub if you were to break the skin and got it in the bloodstream, or would that be simply restricted to damaging cells in direct contact?

I guess as a wash there is the possibility of ingesting it, but that would be small and perhaps negligible? I'd be interested to hear any info regarding what it may do as a wash or scrub for teeth.

I've also heard of this being used a tooth whitener.

Hydrogen peroxide + baking soda as toothpaste.

It actually works extremely well, I've seen it done (not on myself) but a friend decided to use it to whiten his teeth and it worked exceptionally well with awesome results, but after reading what hydrogen peroxide does to cells it does concern me.

Would using this as a scrub or wash in an environment like the mouth result in cell damage??

Perhaps as a mouthwash it would not, but as a scrub if you were to break the skin and got it in the bloodstream, or would that be simply restricted to damaging cells in direct contact?

I guess as a wash there is the possibility of ingesting it, but that would be small and perhaps negligible? I'd be interested to hear any info regarding what it may do as a wash or scrub for teeth.

Hmmm, I understand the drawback to H2O2 on teeth has an weakening effect on enamel. That is not worth it, Man........maybe a dentist here could offer advice?