Which Captain?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which Captain?

• Captain James T. Kirk
    • Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    • Captain Benjamin Sisko
    • Captain Kathryn Janeway
    • Captain Jonathan Archer

The original of course. the new Star Trek movie was not a season, and barely stayed true top the original design. and really? Red Matter?
"Seasons" were never mentioned. And it was a trick question anyway. Picard is the quintessential Star Trek captain.

But like bascule, I prefer Mal.

Alright, I'm aware that the list is not complete.
Complete for what? Star Trek captains? You've got all the ones that really matter. Space ship captains? Malcolm Reynolds captained a space ship but wasn't on Star Trek. I just loved Firefly.

Please don't open the parameters wide enough to include Han Solo.

I have no idea who "Bob" is.

I assumed from the title, the poll and the OP that we were picking our favorite Star Trek captains. What are we now trying to "complete"?

Complete for what? Star Trek captains? You've got all the ones that really matter. Space ship captains? Malcolm Reynolds captained a space ship but wasn't on Star Trek. I just loved Firefly.

Please don't open the parameters wide enough to include Han Solo.

I have no idea who "Bob" is.

I assumed from the title, the poll and the OP that we were picking our favorite Star Trek captains. What are we now trying to "complete"?

The main captain of Star Trek episodes. I was under the impression that Captain Malcolm Reynolds was part of Star Trek.

In other news: there will be other polls comparing the doctors (Leonard McCoy, Beverly Crusher, Julian Bashir), Impartials (Spock, Data, Odo), First officers (Spock, William Riker, and Kira Nerys), eta.

You only say that because you know he'd win.

ehh no. Picard could mop the floor with him.

Edited by Icefire
Consecutive posts merged.

You only say that because you know he'd win.
In a "let's-see-who-gets-frozen-in-carbonite" race, maybe.

I was under the impression that Captain Malcolm Reynolds was part of Star Trek.
"See, this is a sign of your tragic space dementia. All paranoid and crotchety, it breaks the heart." -- Malcolm Reynolds

In other news: there will be other polls comparing the doctors (Leonard McCoy, Beverly Crusher, Julian Bashir), Impartials (Spock, Data, Odo), First officers (Spock, William Riker, and Kira Nerys), eta.
Ooooh, so you're going for the ultimate Star Trek crew. The best at each station.

But like bascule, I prefer Mal.

The scene where Mal kicks the guy into Serenity's thruster is perhaps the second most epic after when Indiana Jones confronts the swordmaster who puts on an impressive display until IJ pulls out his gun and shoots him.

Unfortunately, no Star Trek captain was ever that epic.

Picard by a long way, but I'm going to vote for Sisko because he is a close second in my book and no-one has voted for him yet.

Unfortunately, no Star Trek captain was ever that epic.

Sisko would have done it. He punched Q in the gob.