Iraq to reinstate death penalty

bloodhound

bad idea?

I wonder what the british government had to say about that. I thought they had at least a say in what goes on iraq. Many british citizens are feeling that USA is just using the british support for their political purposes and not listening to any of the suggestions/worries.

I haven't heard that story, I assumed that the death penalty was still in force in Iraq. I would have found it quite funny if Iraq had not installed the death penalty, imagine Bush's re-election campaign speech 'Not only have we ensured a democratic Iraq free from tyranny, it now actually protects more human rights than the US of A'.

ah blike , ur logic is flawed. your statement is a contradiction on itself. if u just said

"Every muslim country has the death penalty, it's part of their culture" it would be fine

but you added "Almost"

[edit]and you dont think US didnt encourage Iraq to reinstate it?[/edit]

ah blike ' date=' ur logic is flawed. your statement is a contradiction on itself. if u just said

"Every muslim country has the death penalty, it's part of their culture" it would be fine[/quote']

I don't see how acknowledging the regional variations in a culture is a logical flaw.

There's always caveats. That doesn't mean it's not a part of their culture.

The US may have had an influence, but I doubt it. Why do we care?

it's not "reinstating" but rather it's "instating"

Didn't Iraq have the death penalty under Saddam?

let them carry on!!!!, you`ve got sucide bombers and the death penalty, with any luck evolution will sort them out :))

hopefully then we`ll be left with a Muslim ideal that has no plans to conquer the planet as dictated by the Otomans, namely ibrahiem and his best mate of 26 years, blah blah blah.

MAYBE one day islam WILL mean peace, but until then, keep them all at arms length!

that`s my 2 Euros worth.

Geographical locoation is of no importance, it`s what is in their hearts and minds that counts. the bad ones can go hell for me!

the word "Islam" is supposed to mean "Peace". then you have islamic extremists, so wouldn`t that imply "Extremely peacefull"?

HELL NO! it means lets kill as many people as we can WHILE WE CAN, and who cares if we happen to kill our own in the process! naah man, they`re better off dead, the lot of them, just a damn pity they have to take innocents with them, Islamic or not :((

• 3 weeks later...