If you were the Intelligent Designer...

Cap'n Refsmmat

I'd design a circulatory system with alternative routing of blood and shut-off capability for major arteries, so that blood can be rerouted around a major injury (not so much for small injuries as some bleeding helps maintain sterility).

I'd completely redesign nerves so that the signal can be completely intracellular and electric, rather than the messy electrochemical and hormonal system we have now. This should vastly decrease reaction time, increase intelligence, and allow lower energy expenditure for the nervous system.

I'd replace collagen with a network of nanotubes (and give us the enzymes needed to make nanotubes).

I'd design enzyme pathways to produce the vitamins we need, rather than having to eat them.

I'd design the body such that immoral behavior is painful and good behavior pleasant.

I'd design us with a continuous supply of teeth rather than the two sets we have now, and limb and tissue regeneration.

I'd design enzymes for the digestive tract to digest cellulose, rather than have herbivores rely on bacteria for that.

I'd build in cancer resistance (so that cells die should they lose the cancer preventing genes).

I'd design a way to excrete excess nutrients and minerals into a sterile package with a long shelf-life, for times of famine.

I've always liked the idea of having a tail for some reason...and wings, as shakes has already mentioned. I have an issue with population, so any health benefits e.g limb regeneration like an axolotl, is a no no for me.

Another aesthetic change, is that people are born with random coloured skin, and certain attributes, e.g bone structure (to an extent) et.c so the whole idea of race is obliterated.

In short, I want to be a flying purple, greater spotted, monkey man.

if i were to design man, i would have done it with a much more interface able system, ie our current technology is computers, so the body should be able or easily made to be able, to interface with computers.. and when our technology increases, if we find something greater than a computer our body is able to or easily made to be able to, interface with that technology.

+ i agree with regeneration, mind control over the cardiovascular system and the neurological system, wings, IMO another set of arms( would be nice if i could do more) and a brain that can process multiple tasks much better.. IE i want to be able to view one screen doing 1 thing and another screen doing another thing. Like playing a game while following data produced by that game or stock markets or what not.

Removing race would be beneficial to all man, maybe even redesigning the essence of the human body itself to allow it to be MUCH more adaptable to different environments, such as a human that can breath water. or one that can live on mars. and so on.

A lot of these ideas are unwise; we only have them because we are members of the species being designed. There's no base to the ID being human; therefore, if it did design our human body, it designed it in this fashion for whatever purpose it had when it designed it.

I thought I responded to this already, but oh well

To have the body react more appropriately to synthetic substances, ie have taste buds be better at gauging the nutrient/mineral content of fast foods.

_I'd made knowledge transmitable through genes.

A kit-body.

And provided a users guide.

A robot I guess.

Mainly something looking like an insect, with external protection, certainly not with a skeleton and soft exterior, what a strange idea...