The site changes thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is why there isn't a sociology thread, while there is a psychology thread. The two approaches are very different, yet related, thus very important to co-exist. Can you give me a good response on this?

It might be necessary though, because psychology w/out sociology is so incomplete. Also, won't people in the future be interested? And don't all the sciences apply to the science of society and social consciousness? I would think an engineer would have a say so in sociology more than psychology.

I would suggest posting in the Psychology forum, but preface each thread with, "This is actually dealing with Sociology, but there is no separate forum, so...." Get some interesting threads going with a lot of varied members joining in and we'll probably see a sub-forum created. Lots of interest will speak volumes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

a thread that i was posting on got moved, and it took me ages to find it. what about a sticky in each forum (or just one in general chat) entitled 'recently moved threads' so that we dont have to hunt for our posts after theyve been moved? like they have on this forum?

oh, and would it be possible to get rid of the last k of my name? i didnt mean to put it there, guess it doesnt matter but i would prefer 'Dak' if possible?

a thread that i was posting on got moved, and it took me ages to find it.
Normally when a thread is moved, a redirect is left behind to tell you where it went. Sorry yours didn't happen this way, it's not the norm.

oh, and would it be possible to get rid of the last k of my name? i didnt mean to put it there, guess it doesnt matter but i would prefer 'Dak' if possible?
Sayo can do this, send him a PM and a large sum of money and hope for the best.

cheers sayo, you rock ass!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakk

a thread that i was posting on got moved' date=' and it took me ages to find it.

Normally when a thread is moved, a redirect is left behind to tell you where it went. Sorry yours didn't happen this way, it's not the norm.[/quote']

might have been cos the thread was split in two and one half moved; or it might just be that i didnt notice the redirectt, cant remember the name of the original thread to check but i wouldnt be surprised if it was the latter.

£50,000 please.

ha ha. no.

:-( Dammit.

Whenever I move a thread, I leave a redirect if the topic of the thread is ambiguous and could have belonged to either the source or destination category, or if there are enough replies to make lots of people confused if it moves "silently".

If it's self-evidently in the wrong forum, has few or no replies, or is being moved out of public view, I don't bother. Redirects seem untidy.

ok, heres a bug report:

Whenever I move a thread' date=' I leave a redirect if the topic of the thread is ambiguous and could have belonged to either the source or destination category, or if there are enough replies to make lots of people confused if it moves "silently".

If it's self-evidently in the wrong forum, has few or no replies, or is being moved out of public view, I don't bother. Redirects seem untidy.[/quote']

i cant actually see this post. i knew it was there, cos in the forum it said 'last post by sayonara', but when i clicked on the link, the last post i could see was my post, that ended in 'hahano'. clicked on 'reply', and below the reply box it shows sayos post, but when im just normaly viewing this thread it doesnt show it, and the 'select page' thingy only goes up to page 7.

jus thought u might like to know

-edit- now that iv posted this, it will let me see page 8

• 3 weeks later...

ok, heres one:

you know the little title below our names, that reads 'baryon' etc. why not let mods change peoples title, and tell the mods to entitle people with a title that reflects their posting habbits. so people could end up with titles such as 'scientist' if they reference when appropriate and rarely post crap, and 'nipple-head' if they flame/troll. 'lizard-man' if they demonstrate a love of and deep knowledge of reptiles, or 'religiouse fruitcake' if they're willow.

it could be used to enforse rules (hey, you trolled. FAZAM! in a poof of moderation-related-smoke, your title now reads 'shit-head'. go a week without trolling and ill change it back) or reward proper posting (hey, you post good - what do u want your title to be).

plus ittd be more fun than 'lepton' etc

• 3 years later...

I have that same issue now: Only for certain pages however.

Science Forums, The Original > Other Topics > Politics:

This one particular:

The depraved state of US politics

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35147

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

At the bottom of the page it says: You may not post new threads You may post replies You may post attachments You may not edit your posts

How to remedy Sirs.