The site changes thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is too general

its also similar to engineering

and also computery things go under computers, a bit under physics and the rest engineering (and of course some chem stuff) which is under!

not really NEEDED.

i still think that electronics section would be highly useful... even now, that radio thread, it could be under electronics.

agree with MM w/similar idea,

'How to' is a good thread ,it saves from having to sift through other threads .

The idea of it being Electronics thread wouldn't be a good idea because that is the last place I look to find something which I maybe able to understand, as the field does sound a little daunting to the general.

What about a new section called "The Dummies Guide " or something like that easy to understand where you don't have to filter anything to find something good to build any dummy could understand .

We could use the ratings to signify the difficulty level 1 being the easiest 5 being the hardest .

• 2 weeks later...

Talking of changes, the SFN Christmas-logo is awesome. :) A christmas tree with epilepsy-licious strobo lights and a couple of cookies and we're all set!

And talking of Christmas, perhaps we should have a holiday calendar next year, with some neat science stuff in every box. :) "Today YT is going to tell you how you can make it through the Christmas season of chemical experiments without blowing off ANY of your fingers!" j/k :)

Why not make a page that demonstrates the top ten posters, the People's Choice poster of the month, including runner up. And maybe every year have an award that is chosen by the moderators and votes from the members to the three, five or ten best posters of the year. I would really enjoy that.

And maybe a Best New Poster Award to some new guy that has an interesting opinion.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm been a while since I`ve had a peek in this thread, never realised I`de been mentioned in it `till just.

as for the "How To" stuff, I tell you all that anyway (where legal), it doesn`t need a specific thread for that, there`s an entire FORUM for it :)

Use the "new posts" link if you're logged in.

I do, but on occasion they can get marked as read without warning. I don't know why; it's not a big deal. I just thought it would be convenient to have "today's posts" when that happens since it's normaly one day's worth of posts anyway.

I do, but on occasion they can get marked as read without warning. I don't know why; it's not a big deal. I just thought it would be convenient to have "today's posts" when that happens since it's normaly one day's worth of posts anyway.

That usually happens if the session times out, but I have noticed it happening randomly too on odd occassions.

Can someone take off/increase by one the username length limit? I'm new here but if I'm going to be a regular contributor I'd prefer not to be known as Yummifruitba. The 't' is kind of important to me :-(
So you want me to change it to yummifruitbar, right? ;)

It could be set up where members after a certain date had to have 12 characters or less. I know the avatar max has changed from 100 x 100 to 75 x 75. Older members can keep them, but if they change avatars, they must use new size restrictions.

Have you considered Yummiredbat, or Yummigraybat? I know everyone would get a kick out of talking to the Yummiyumabat!

Sorry, just trying to soften the blow if 12 is max. :-(