Ad block plus blocking Adsense

Mr Skeptic

I hate obtrusive ads that are obnoxious and take longer to load than the page I'm trying to read, so naturally I use adblock plus (with the default filterset, EasyList). However, I'd like to contribute to websites I visit, especially those using unobtrusive ads like text-only adsense. I know I can add individual exceptions, but I'd kind of like to have a different approach.

Is there a filterset for adblock plus that blocks only obtrusive ads?

Hello, Mr Skeptic, if you are using Mozilla Firefox I know there are several add-ons available through their add-on portal. If you search for the keyword "ad block" you should see all the available add-ons and some recommended options. If you are using Internet Explorer, I'm afraid you only option will be to search through Google. I hope this was help.

Yeah, I'm using Firefox. The thing is I am considering getting a filterset for my adblock that doesn't block unintrusive ads. You know, to reward them for not being intrusive.

However reading some more, it seems that it might be better to just whitelist websites I like instead.