Power Plant Plants

foodchain

Could you engineer plants to become solar panels? Maybe it could produce film concentrated with some kind of photosynthetic mechanism. I would think you could then use the energy to produce maybe a yield of something else, perhaps usable hydrogen or what not. I would think that you could make the leaves to be transparent with some kind of a skeleton that could be connected in the form of a leaf with a film of photosynthetic organisms. Then the energy could be chained into some reactions in which hydrogen would get feed into some kind of budding organ that contains it in an accessible form.

I don't know but could you model carbon nanotube structures into DNA expression, this could possibly form the skeleton in which the film attaches, perhaps this could be worked into come kind of a cellular differentiation process. The inside of the tubes could be filled with some kind of a substance possibly to aid in transferring energy.

Maybe the roots could be used to produce various compounds for all kinds of chemicals in the soil, and expression of such could match how much is captured via use of the protein or enzyme in the cell. I think a lot of such chemical mechanisms exist in bacteria already for instance. You could probably even work in some kind of process that interacts to make water.

Such plants I think could serve to be a resource that could be made large enough to for power plant use.

Edited by foodchain

I think that all you'd need is a fuel cell that runs on glucose.

If you could get the roots to be able to attach to a variety of surfaces that would also be nice. I would think some kind of film or membranous material would also be useful there. If it could attack to rock, or soil, or what not. Heck you could probably have a ball of molten garbage as a soil then.

Think if it could react or recognize certain materials, it could behave in a way to refine it to other materials. You could have all kinds of behavior like that from a perspective of metabolism.

Then you could have crops that produced hydrogen in a form usable for large scale electricity production, along with something producing water, it probably would not be so far fetched to have it produce breathable environments.

You could simply place them on a planet and come back for resources produced.