Possible Research topics

I have always wanted to do a research topic about effectively judging people when you first meet them, essentially educated prejudice if you will. Now that I have the chance to do a speech for English what would be some good ideas for the speech? I already intend to do digit ratio theory to evaluate the probabilities of the consequnces of hormonal imbalances in humans. I intend for the purpose of this speech to be mostly entertainment and a little informative. Do you guys know any psychological theories based on physical appearance and behaviours that indicate the personality of the person?

• 3 weeks later...
My understanding of what you're here now asking about is that most of it has been debunked. See phrenology, for example.

I don't think I would agree.

I'm sure a person could find some statistical studies.

In general, if someone looks like they have a Wal-Mart shirt/overshirt on and some denim pants, I'd say that person it pretty normal.

If someone walks up to me looking like a punk rocker with a quetzal haircut, then that person needs to be wealthy or very educated. Otherwise, I'm going to suspect that person doesn't understand the importance of ethos, thus informing me the person is uneducated. As such, if the person does know the importance of ethos, the person still loses ethos, as the person has rejected the notion of persuasive rhetorical paradigms in order to live a more chaotic and spontaneous presence.

I like a semi-casual dress-wear with a hint of subculture to give a backstory.

It's a very foggy topic, to be sure. You won't be able to make anything but statistical probability claims for an individual, at best, and for rather limited topics. There's been some study of this. Fortune-tellers do have plenty of actual experience in this sort of thing, as well as extracting information unwittingly.

I agree with Mr. Skeptic.

If you are searching for some foundation for accurate first-encounter judgement, I don't suppose you will find anything. You may however be able to find many good probabilities on the subject. For instance, A unshaved, long unwashed hair, and dirty faced man has a high chance of being homeless. However, this is not 100% conclusive.

In addition, many people where a "mask" and disguise their true selves to some degree and this information is near impossible to extract in a first-encounter scenario. So you are stuck with simple probabilities but nothing definite.

Unless thats what you are searching for...