Vampires

ydoaPs

Are people that drink other people's blood vampires?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are people that drink other people's blood vampires?

• Yes
    • No
    • IDK

• 2 years later...

I voted no because what i consider vampires are organisms who suck blood for nutrition and food (hematophags) such as vampire bats, mosquitoes, horseflies, worms and lampreys. Or the mythological creatures vampires, but they do not exist. Since humans drink blood of clearly other reasons than a efficient way to get food, they are not vampires in my eyes.

I had a friend who used to do that. He was sick in the head and on all sorts of illegal drugs. Luckily he's better now, thanks to two years in rehab. The worst part, is probably that he'd carve things into his body, like a pair of wings into his back and circles around his fingers.

He's not a vampire, but he was pretty sick.

No.

They are undead and can't be killed.

Hey I have an idea to test if they truely are vampires then!

*cocks shotgun*

herrrrreeee vampires!

With my luck I'd get atleast one vampire which at that point will be extremely pissed.

I think they have to cover any three of several criteria to be a "vampire." Drinks blood being the key, along with sensitive skin, a garlic allergy, naturally pointy canines, nocturnal habits, and obsessive complusive disorder. Oh, and that's just to be a psuedo-vampire, to be a REAL vampire they have to have died prior to manifesting these characteristics :P

I completely agree with the_simpsons.

An organism that gets nutrition from drinking blood I would consider a vampire...

Hey, whats the nutritional value in blood for a human anyway? lol

And I know a girl whos allergic to everything heh, that would include sun. So, if she was allergic to garlic as well, and just so happened to have sharper canines then normal AND drank blood...

Would that make her a vampire? (by Azure's definition)

I completely agree with the_simpsons.

An organism that gets nutrition from drinking blood I would consider a vampire...

Hey, whats the nutritional value in blood for a human anyway? lol

And I know a girl whos allergic to everything heh, that would include sun. So, if she was allergic to garlic as well, and just so happened to have sharper canines then normal AND drank blood...

Would that make her a vampire? (by Azure's definition)

Does she also happen to be undead?

IHey, whats the nutritional value in blood for a human anyway? lol

I read an article once that said you would need to consume the blood of six average humans each day to survive on that alone.

Then you would have problems from lack of nutrients and vitamins, poisoning and infections etc, etc.

I read an article once that said you would need to consume the blood of six average humans each day to survive on that alone.

Then you would have problems from lack of nutrients and vitamins, poisoning and infections etc, etc.

Yeah that's why only small animals are vampires. Blood is rich in lipids and proteins and very easy to acquire with the right equipment which the vampire animals have, but only applies to animals of their size. So they have plenty of blood to suck on from a animal much bigger then yourself without big effort, and even with that much blood available, the big animal never suffers blood loss (except maybe for fishes who fall prey for lampreys).

Big mammals like us have meat instead, because for us living on blood will be just to inefficient given our design.