Have your dreams ever come true?

Zolar V

Have you ever dreamed something then days, months, even years have had it come true?

i know i have, but maybe its not really coming true. Rather its my mind associating a particular event that was SIMILAR to the dream and making me believe it was what i originally dreamed.

I am asking this because i had a really cool but f-ed up dream.

I dreamed that i engaged in a medical experiment where they removed organs that were no longer vital, cut off my head* and stuck it where my stomach was. they added a cybernetic head, and an exoskeleton of sorts. and after being "cyberized" i guess, i performed a coup for the us government and said over national TV/radio. "I will usher in a new age of Technology! Imagine an age where you no longer die to disease or organ failure. One where you can live forever!" and proceeded to accomplish world domination.

* when they cut off my head they attached an electrode chip to the bottom of the sliced off nerve endings. from the chip wires went to various parts of the cybernetic and exoskeleton system, and connected an electrode to the top of the sliced nerves for the rest of the body as well.

They also removed most of my blood because my limbs no longer needed it, however they connected tubes from my arteries/veins in my head to my heart in a closed system, with much less volume of blood.

Yes, I had this happen to me twice. The first was something that could easily have been a trick my mind played on myself, but the second seemed absurdly unlikely to be such, as I remembered my dream just before someone said something rather unusual that I had dreamed of.

And then, roughly a decade has passed and no such dreams ever happened again. So now I'm pretty sure it had to be coincidence, despite how unlikely that would seem.

personally i have had this sort of, dejavu? more than a few times, i would estimate around 20-30. however for me it seems that i dream of it and a few years later it happens.

This sort of time frame would make sense with this dream i had. because my contract with the military ends in 5 more years. well 4 and a half now.

+ the dream is not all that absurd to begin with. I mean if i were to finally integrate computer technology with the biological brain, then what all could you accomplish with that?

The freakiest part of this dejavu is one i had rather recently. it 2 weeks before Christmas, i was at Fairchild AFB in the air force inns, it was Sunday around 4 pm

i was watching the animal planet and had decided to brew a cup of tea.

while walking back to the bedroom where the TV was located i HEARD the exact sound the tea made dripping with what was on TV and i remembered a dream i had about 7 years prior. Also i had my psp at the exact angle, up side down on the bed with the covers wrinkled the exact way.

But it is weird because when you remember your dream and what is happening, i thought to my self what happened in the dream? what can i do to change it?

as the dejavu progresses, no matter how hard i try i end up doing the same thing i did in the dream. i feel powerless to change it.

Almost none of my dreams are mundane enough to come true, but there have been a few times in my life when I thought they had. For example, dreaming about a place I'd never been to, that then turned out to be just like the dream. However, memory of dreams is far less reliable than memory of waking events, and I was probably simply constructing the "memory" as I was remembering it, from a few fragments of dream.

It was a lot like deja vu - everything felt familiar, and I felt like I knew what would happen next, but in retrospect it was just feeling on the verge of knowing what would happen next, but not actually predicting anything until it was already happening.

Or sometimes it was somewhat predictive. But I have a lot of dreams every night. It would be weird if nothing that happened the next day ever reminded me of one of them, even closely (considering, again, that memories rebuild themselves every time you recall them, dream memories seemingly much more so).

So, to summarize, I'm a relentless killjoy on the dream prophecy front.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Does a near death experience count as a dream? I had a near death experience during a boat wreck-near drowning, I had a very long and detailed vision of the future, so far all of it has come true.

Like what? Specific visions, or just general descriptions? Do you know what's happening next, or just recognize events as they're happening? Could any of it be self-fulfilling prophecy? What is supposed to happen next?

Edited by Sisyphus
Consecutive posts merged.

Almost none of my dreams are mundane enough to come true, but there have been a few times in my life when I thought they had. For example, dreaming about a place I'd never been to, that then turned out to be just like the dream. However, memory of dreams is far less reliable than memory of waking events, and I was probably simply constructing the "memory" as I was remembering it, from a few fragments of dream.

It was a lot like deja vu - everything felt familiar, and I felt like I knew what would happen next, but in retrospect it was just feeling on the verge of knowing what would happen next, but not actually predicting anything until it was already happening.

Or sometimes it was somewhat predictive. But I have a lot of dreams every night. It would be weird if nothing that happened the next day ever reminded me of one of them, even closely (considering, again, that memories rebuild themselves every time you recall them, dream memories seemingly much more so).

So, to summarize, I'm a relentless killjoy on the dream prophecy front.

That is what im considering my deja vu really is, its just a similar event that my mind rebuilds the dream memory to be. but even so, i have had dreams that i joined the Air Force, prior to the dream about the AF inn. seems somewhat odd that i dreamed the AF, dreamed this job and dreamed that AF inn. If i wasn't specifically in my career field in the AF i wouldnt have been in the AF inn. Hell if i had gotton a different assignment in my career field it woudnt have happend either.

At least for me, these deja vu expiriences arn't a verge eperience, i am able to recall the dream and know what happens next.. and it just so happens that what happens next is the same as the dream itself. for instance, i had a dream about an event and my phone rang with hautman calling me.

my deja vu started when i entered the room, i recalled my dream and knew the phone would ring, then it did.

Like what? Specific visions, or just general descriptions? Do you know what's happening next, or just recognize events as they're happening? Could any of it be self-fulfilling prophecy? What is supposed to happen next?

Oh quite specific, i was lying on the bottom of the inland water way, in black water, about 25' under, about 02:00 unconscious with a severely broken ankle , arm, and hand. I woke up to a very bright light revealing the details of the bottom in what should have been jet black water. a voice told me to get up, it wasn't my time to go, it told me i was going to have another child, a boy, and that he would be very special. It also told me a few other things but I'll hold those back for now. Since I have never believed this particular brand of BS I am not really comfortable as some in assigning this supernatural significance. All the stuff I was told was personal, no great description of general future events.

three years later i did indeed have a son (I had planned to have a baby just before the boat wreak, my wife and I wanted a girl, but the wreck stopped those plans until i could recover) (It took 18 months to get back on my feet) My son has proved to be rather special, he is about to graduate from UNC Chapel Hill and go on to law school. He has been on the deans list though much of his studies and he has some big plans, so far the things i was told in the "dream" have come true, not the way I thought they might but still true. Some of the stuff was just small things about my life and some were big things about my sons but so far all of it has come true. I think i was in some sort of contact with my self from the future but then again it could all just be self fulling, that is probably the most likely explanation, too damn bad I wasn't told the lotto numbers, lol

Edited by Moontanman

I don't mean specific to you. What I meant was the difference between "you will have a son" (very likely if you're trying to have children) and "you will have a son, and here is what he will look like as an adult." And I'm sure your son is wonderful, but "special" is vague enough to be meaningless, especially talking about a parents' opinions of their children.

I don't mean specific to you. What I meant was the difference between "you will have a son" (very likely if you're trying to have children) and "you will have a son, and here is what he will look like as an adult." And I'm sure your son is wonderful, but "special" is vague enough to be meaningless, especially talking about a parents' opinions of their children.

Well since I am a non believer in the supernatural I tend to go with some sort of self fulfilling brain fart just as I was about to wink out from lack of oxygen. But I was told a son when at the time my wife and I were obsessed about having a girl, we already had a son. I was told my son would be exactly like me and that he would have my abilities and a few other things all of which are true, people cannot tell us apart on the phone, he likes nearly everything I do from music to fiction he looks just like me, my pics of me at his age are hard to tell apart, the voice said that he would, unlike me, be tall, but one thing the voice did say was that he would be different in that he would be able to use the talents i had never been able to use. so far he has done a really excellent job of that but still a oxygen starved brain fart is as good as any other explanation.

so, you should tell us about your boat wreak. did you dream you were at the bottom of the 25' jet black water and so on. and how did the boat wreak actually happen. did you sink to the bottom, and have that voice talk to you? how did you make it back out?

of course you dont have to answer if you dont want to. it may be to emotional or whatnot.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

i just formulated this question and it seems pertinent.

If these so called visions are the effect of a oxygen starved brain fart.

How would your brain concoct these voices and visions in such a specific way.

I believe the brains way of storing information is similar to a computer game designer creating a game world (thats World, like earth, not just an environment)

where each individual thing that happens to us is cataloged in this world into things i call entities. thus everything that has happened to you, you can recall (sorta) and you can build events or entities based upon a conglomeration of the entities in your world.

but i believe the brain is also a extraordinary probability calculator, so it may be able to concoct your vision based upon the entities to be near predictions of the probable future.

I'm going to go with the unconscious spilling into the conscious. Most people have a very high opinion of conscious thought; however most of your thought, and most of your decisions, are made by the unconscious before you are even aware of it. The unconscious is pretty clever. If you try consciously to do something that you are very good at, such as golfing, you can end up doing really poorly.

so, you should tell us about your boat wreak. did you dream you were at the bottom of the 25' jet black water and so on. and how did the boat wreak actually happen. did you sink to the bottom, and have that voice talk to you? how did you make it back out?

of course you dont have to answer if you dont want to. it may be to emotional or whatnot.

The boat wreck was a very emotional thing, I very nearly died, if not for scuba training I am quite sure I would have. I was ejected from a small aluminum boat after we struck a piling head on at full throttle, I'm really not sure how fast were going but a 14' aluminum Jon boat and 20hp motor at full throttle would be the key in judging how fast we were going.

The flat bow of the boat collapsed around the piling and the bot continued to turn around the piling with the motor still going full bast, the driver of the boat was knocked unconscious and had a flounder spear run through his leg,

The other guy who was ejected received minor injuries but i hit the gunnel of the boat before being ejected, my leg was shattered between a cooler and the seat of the boat. I woke up on the bottom of the inland water way in 25 or 30 feet of water at 02:00, the bottom was typical for that area, oyster shells and mud. I do not remember being ejected from the boat but I woke up surrounded by a bright light that showed the details of the bottom quite clearly.

The voice told me to get up and swim or I was going to die and that it was not my time to die. I remember being very fuzzy at the time, I didn't want to get up, I liked it there but the voice and the light brought me alert immediately.

When I tried to swim if found my left leg was useless and shattered, I swam to the surface (my leg flopped like a dead fish as I swam)

When I got to the surface the other passenger was swimming but I surfaced in range of the motor and I had to duck under the propeller several times until the driver of the boat woke up and turned it off. the other guy climbed into the boat but I couldn't due to my injuries.

Once they dragged me into the boat I could see my foot was turned around backwards, bent double the wrong direction and bones were sticking out of my skin, my arm was broke and as was several bones in my hand.

It was the beginning of 18 months of recover and set backs, I never regained complete use of my leg.

I have no idea, possibly my unconscious was trying to find a away to get me to wake up, I have a wild imagination and this could very well have just been my brain trying to get my attention.

I believe the brains way of storing information is similar to a computer game designer creating a game world (thats World, like earth, not just an environment)

where each individual thing that happens to us is cataloged in this world into things i call entities. thus everything that has happened to you, you can recall (sorta) and you can build events or entities based upon a conglomeration of the entities in your world.

but i believe the brain is also a extraordinary probability calculator, so it may be able to concoct your vision based upon the entities to be near predictions of the probable future.

That sounds about as reasonable as anything else.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
I'm going to go with the unconscious spilling into the conscious. Most people have a very high opinion of conscious thought; however most of your thought, and most of your decisions, are made by the unconscious before you are even aware of it. The unconscious is pretty clever. If you try consciously to do something that you are very good at, such as golfing, you can end up doing really poorly.

This would seem to be a very good conclusion, the vision being accurate could have just been coincidence.

I have no idea, possibly my unconscious was trying to find a away to get me to wake up, I have a wild imagination and this could very well have just been my brain trying to get my attention.

First of all thank you of your detailed description, that was exactly what i was looking for. Precision = awesome :P

anyways,

So you woke up underwater. and apparently you didn't breathe while under?

Though this seems infinity more interesting, though probably insignificant, what had your attention?

"Originally Posted by Mr Skeptic View Post

"

This would seem to be a very good conclusion, the vision being accurate could have just been coincidence.

that is a good conclusion, maybe if you mixed both mine being the probability calculator and that explanation of conscious/unconscious, you could come up with a highly probable vision.

First of all thank you of your detailed description, that was exactly what i was looking for. Precision = awesome :P

anyways,

So you woke up underwater. and apparently you didn't breathe while under?

Even when unconscious mammals have an instinctive breath holding response. That combined with being a scuba diver and free diver allowed me to not panic.

Though this seems infinity more interesting, though probably insignificant, what had your attention?

The first things I noticed was the mud and the oyster shells under me, i was being dragged by the current very slowly, it was almost slack tide so the current was very slight. Then I noticed the light all around me allowing me to see where it had been complete darkness an instant before. The constant underwater noises of the night were also there as well as the sound of the outboard motor running over head. When I kicked off the bottom for the surface my left leg totally collapsed but there was no pain at all.

The first things I noticed was the mud and the oyster shells under me, i was being dragged by the current very slowly, it was almost slack tide so the current was very slight. Then I noticed the light all around me allowing me to see where it had been complete darkness an instant before. The constant underwater noises of the night were also there as well as the sound of the outboard motor running over head. When I kicked off the bottom for the surface my left leg totally collapsed but there was no pain at all.

Hmm, sounds like your adrenaline was released before you woke up. i wonder if your body release it as a response to being underwater...

So a week ago, I was day dreaming while listening to music that I had some sort of Psychic-Kinetic power to create storms over the ocean and send them to my town.

Wednesday, I checked to forecast and it said no rain; so I watered my garden and latter on that night, a storm blew in and it rained.

Do I have psychic powers...or is God just messing with me?

So a week ago, I was day dreaming while listening to music that I had some sort of Psychic-Kinetic power to create storms over the ocean and send them to my town.

Wednesday, I checked to forecast and it said no rain; so I watered my garden and latter on that night, a storm blew in and it rained.

well that would depend on whether or not you believe in God, or your deductive abilities in regards to probabilities.

for instance, your dream may be the subconsoius saying its going to rain based upon previous years worth of data regarding that geographical area.

OR it could be you having near godlike powers of psychokinetics. if it is the latter i would suggest you rob a bank and make millions off of your power. :P

>:D

Hmm, sounds like your adrenaline was released before you woke up. I wonder if your body release it as a response to being underwater...

I'm guessing a response to the injury.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Neither. :)

i am just going to say here, what if your (recurring theme)dreams are the product of your subconscious trying to get you to do something.

if so it would seem im destined to make THE breakthrough in cybernetics.... and controll the world... lolz

I've been told there were several things in play that prevented me from feeling pain, shock, endorphins released by injury, and being underwater. Supposedly being under water over whelms your body's ability to feel pain. I have noticed at other times while scuba diving I have been slammed up against barnacle covered rocks or pilings and not realized I was injured until i left the water even though the injury was quite painful after leaving the water. I do know I felt no pain until i received a shot of morphine and then the pain went past any describable level.

ouch. the most pain iv ever felt at any given time would be a smashed (literally like a nerve splayed across a bone) nerve. they tell me it is about the same pain that a broken bone exudes. but i don't really know for sure.

i wonder why being in water would have such an effect on pain reception.

my guess would be that the nervous impulses produced by pain are overwhelmed by the nervous impulses produced by the sensation of pressure all across your body.

I can’t recall any of my dreams ever coming true. Not even the ones where I’m dreaming in code (I’m a programmer) and solve a pesky problem I’ve been working on. I always wake up thinking I found the answer but I never do. In contrast, my other dreams are frequently about vampires and werewolves – if those ever came true we’d all be in trouble. ;)

For the record, I’m female and tend to believe that dreams represent whatever is going on in your subconscious (or the back of your conscious mind) – whether it’s problem solving or freudian. But I would never claim they came true.