SFN Logo Contest (free shirt for the winner!)

Okay so I tried to get the font right, and to prevent conspiracy theorists from thinking we are some Jewish army, I added a lens flair effect to distract from the somewhat noticable star of david. I also noticed that in black, the blue appeared to be a little purple, I attempted to cool down the color tones, so it matches better with the blue that is on the site. If you plan to keep that, If prefer a blue background as opposed to black, just give me feedback.

With Lens Flair

lensflairblacklogo.jpg

Without Lens Flair

supernova.jpg

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Oh, and I just see what you are talking about the font, I thought you meant one to match the website font, but now I see what you mean. I'll try to add that in sometime. Although I do like the above font.

just to add a quick note, the one i submitted is kinda a play on the idea of the internet .net

and science is what the Forums orbit around, meaning these forums are about science and without science these forums would be free floating anywhere without any sort of cohesive direction. + the arrows are the whole Phi thing, the original (smallest) arrow is 12 pixles across 12 diagonally and 12 vertically ((Phi *4) probably should have done *3 or Phi*phi) and were scaled transcending 3 times, then inadvertently scaled a *3 size. lol

Lol, ok lets try this;

picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=889

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

damn wrong one, god i suck at this LOL

album.php?albumid=137&pictureid=891

i woulda just edited the url from the first post, but im unable to

Edited by Cap'n Refsmmat
fixed that for you

Couldn't quite get the golden dection mapped in 3D whilst keeping the brain image smooth.

There's no distinct alpha channel on the golden section image, so the brain image wont site in the background properly.

i tried it without brain image though; it looks like this

SFNlogonobrain.jpg

Question is, how does all that glow look when it's shrunk down to size to fit our page header?

If you have firefox, hit control-- (that's a control minus), and that will shrink the size. It is limited, but it gets it very close to logo size.

Ooh, I like it much better with our font.

Question is, how does all that glow look when it's shrunk down to size to fit our page header? Also, there'd have to be a glow-free version for shirts and things. I'm curious what that would look like.

I need to expand it a bit, I already started working on that, making it work with the page. I am pretty sure I can do it easy. As far as a known glowing version for shirts, I'll get that up asap.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Well I took a few seconds to try and give everyone an idea of what it would look like on the forum. I think in this case it is a little cramped. It also needs to be aligned on the left margin, but again just an idea.

test1.jpg

Here are mine, made 2 of each -- black bg and blue gradient bg, so we can see how both feel like (take these as more 'ideas' we can build on.. I just played around):

sfequaln-small.jpgsfn-biohazard-small.jpgsfn-chemstyle-small.jpg

And bigger:

sfequaln1.jpg

sfequaln2.jpg

sfn-biohazard1.jpg

sfn-biohazard2.jpg

sfn-chemstyle1.jpg

sfn-chemstyle2.jpg

Edited by mooeypoo