Time travelling

MadScientist

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Particles can, and they're called tachyons, but they're not faster than c, they're faster than light when it is slowed down by an object in front of it, making it slower than c, and slower than 0.99999994% c, so a tachyon makes kinda like a sonic boom, but it emitts something called Cerenkov radiation when it passes the surrounding light.

Particles can, and they're called tachyons, but they're not faster than c, they're faster than light when it is slowed down by an object in front of it, making it slower than c, and slower than 0.99999994% c, so a tachyon makes kinda like a sonic boom, but it emitts something called Cerenkov radiation when it passes the surrounding light.

Umm. As far as I know tachyons are particles that move faster than light, but cannot move at c or slower than c. They have also never been detected.

sayo: i'll let u use google

If I search for "tachyon problem" on google, I am just going to get a load of fiction.

You however describe tachyons as a problem to be got rid of, so then it follows that you must have specific examples in mind.

i already gave you one and you didn't like it

edit: dave' date=' what the hell was that? uh, maybe i used the wrong term. "vibrational pattern" will probably wok better.[/quote']

I believe it was a list of phrases used (or might be used) on Star Trek.

To me, this is a pretty good indication that really there is no such thing as a "tachyon frequency". The fact that there were only 10 results kindof confirms this for me.

i already gave you one and you didn't like it

A) A sample group of one is no good to anyone, even if you had explained what you were saying.

B) String theory is no more in a position to elbow out tachyons than tachyons are in a position to elbow out string theory.

I believe it was a list of phrases used (or might be used) on Star Trek.

To me' date=' this is a pretty good indication that really there is no such thing as a "tachyon frequency". The fact that [i']there were only 10 results[/i] kindof confirms this for me.

it isn't from star trek. idk, it may have been on it. ask sayo.

i was refering to the vibration of the string that causes the properties of the particle. there is a quark pattern, photon pattern, ect.