Imagine this

psi20

Try this. Close your eyes. When the sun is out, like in the afternoon, imagine yourself opening the door and looking outside your house. Then when the sun is not out, like at night, imagine yourself opening the door and looking outside.

During yesterday afternoon, I visualized it, and I could see everything in pretty good detail because the sun was out.

At night, when I tried to visualize it, everything was dark. I imagined myself opening the door, and it was night. I could hardly see the doorknob or the stairs or the flowers. There was some light reflecting off the car though, but that was pretty much all I could make out.

Do you think it has something to do with short-term memory and time perception? Or do you think it has to do with light perception?

I just went into a closet right now where it was pitch black and tried to imagine that scenario. It was definitely harder than doing it with light, like right now. I can imagine it easily right now, but when I went into the closet, it took a couple of seconds.

Last night when I tried to imagine opening the door as if it were day, it took like fifteen seconds or so. It was kind of unexpected that everything I imagined in the scenario changed.