What games are you currently playing?

williamthegreat

Curently Playing AVP in direct X10 - ( How come 11 is out so soon after I bought my GTX280s!!!?)

It looks awfully purdy but the controls show it has obviously been console ported, not the smooth controls the 1999 original had.

I've recently also downloaded Resident evil 5 from steam but thats clearly also a console port too. Where will the future of PC gaming end up with all these hand me downs from the consoles :(

Then there is the ever present EVE online, training for Elite Passive and Elite Active shield certificates right now before I skill up in Railgun Specialization and get my Harpy. >:]

I'm playing Dwarf Fortress. :P

recently I failed to properly guard my magma foundries from intrusion and an imp got into my foundry room.

Normally this isn't a problem as imps have all the melee ability of a marmoset... but in this rather large foundry chamber I had designed he was able to fire off a fire ball before my dwarves could properly run screaming form the room.

One of my furnace operators, Inid Leafwarped, was set ablaze from a direct hit. He then proceeded to run out of the foundry and down the hall screaming all the way, sending dwraves everywhere into a panic.

When panicked dwarves tend to congregate, and many of them ran to the safe confines of the brewery.. which is good in any other situation because I created a lever in the brewery which would close a large floodgate over the entrance... they could all drink it up while the troubles outside were dealth with. It worked great for goblin raids.....

Except this forge worker wasn't running in the direction of the brewery, so why close the gate? No reason to trap innocent dwarves outside, and there was nothing I could do for the poor guy anyway.

So off he ran, filling the tunnels of my fort with acrid smoke, and frightening dwarves everywhere.

Inid eventually succumbed to the flames and collapsed... into my wood pile in the carpentry room...

Now my wood working industry was in flames... worse yet, due to poor planning on my part, I had my masonry workshop next to my carpenter... it seemed like a great idea as stone and wood furniture oculd be easily stored in one convenient location without excess hauling of materials and finnished goods... except...

Well, I like to make dumps in my fortress as a way of doing mass cleanup... I can do a select of a newly dug-out room and dump the stone, so it will all be hauled and dropped in the space of my choosing. So my masons shop had a big pile of stone next to it.

A pile that contained lignite.. which ignited....

Now I have a very smokey wood fire blazing along with an even hotter and smokey coal fire raging. The coal fire was so hot that it was melting the nearby marble blocks!

At this point a rather hot yet tough as nails hammer lord wandered in the near vicinity of the coal fire and... burst into flames. Now, I will give him credit for being such a stud that he didn't go the Inid route and run screaming at random... but this ultra-tough dwarf instead thought "Gee, it's hot! I could sure use some rum!"...

So he wandered into my brew room, and promptly set the place ablaze.

By the end of the conflagration -- exacerbated by numerous dwraves running screaming and burning all over the fortress -- I was down to 4 dwarves of the previous 80 left alive. Two of them fell into inconsolable moods and committed suicide by drowning themselves in my underground reservoir, a third went stark raving mad and died at the hands of dwarf number four... who then went fishing.

Then end.

Nothing much right now, just the occasional round of Supreme Commander F.A. I'm waiting for a free version of Mechwarrior 4 to come out, but they're having some issues.

Lol at the D.F. story. I'm really tempted to try it, but I don't know if I should right now.

It has a pretty steep learning curve if you want to learn every aspect of the game.

The basics are really just learning how to make farms, what plants to grow, and how to make barrels for storing food and drinks (dwarves need alcohol to work)... once you learn how to keep dwarves alive then you learn how to make them happy... then rich... then defenses and armies (rich dwarves draw the attention of powerful enemies).

I can make my dwarves happy and feed them and I can make them rich if my map has resources.. and I am getting the hang of defenses but my forts are still doomed to calamity due to attrition or incompetence. I once forgot where I was while digging a tunnel and ignored the "the stone here is wet" warning and tunneled into the underside of a river.. drowning everyone in my fort.

Even funnier was when I embarked on a cliff and performed the same idiot dig.. except this time the flood of water swept my dwarves off the cliff and to their death. The only member of the embark team left alive was one very confused mule.

EVE is pretty awesome -- the large-scale capital ship battles are like nothing else in video gaming.

I don't think I'll ever fly a capital ship, I have enough ISK to afford a dread but in the 9 months i've played EVE I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I have purposely ventured into lowsec - Hence the aim towards elite shield certifciates - and would more than likley lose that billion+ ISK ship in my first venture with it.

Trying to work up to lvl 4 missions currently so that by the time I have elite shields and at the very least a Harpy and Small railgun specialization I can be making enough money to replace any PVP losses.

@TriNitroSocks: I wasn't aware that MW4 was getting a free release but in all honesty i'm just waiting for Harmony Gold to stop crying about any legal issues with MW5 so that it can be released, the teaser trailer on youtube blew me away.

@TriNitroSocks: I wasn't aware that MW4 was getting a free release but in all honesty i'm just waiting for Harmony Gold to stop crying about any legal issues with MW5 so that it can be released, the teaser trailer on youtube blew me away.

Yeah, it was supposed to be for BattleTech's 25 anniversary, but that was last summer. They've had various issues with overhauling the game, and I believe some lawyers have now gotten involved.

The new one looked pretty cool. I can hardly wait!

Considering Harmony Gold whinge about anything that comes out related to Macross/Robotech i'd not be suprised if it's ever released. Though to be honest they did rip off mecha designs directly from Robotech which Harmony Gold hold the licencing rights to in the western world and it's not even subtle, you can tell that the Atlas and Warhammer mechs shown in that video are directly fromt he anime.

• 2 weeks later...

I played Crush the Castle that is extremely addictive!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Just got an email from these guys saying i am in the top 3 so could possible win some amazon vouchers circus game

I basically rock.

I bought a new game for my iphone last weekend called Space Miner. If anyone was ever into Wing Commander Privater or Elite, you might be interested in it, quite fun and also very addictive, get to upgrade your ship etc.

Your posts about EVE make me want to play it....

...i might check it out this weekend but wont let the girlfriend know.. she doesn't like me playing World of Warcraft because I get addicted and then stay up all night >:D

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded Dwarf Fortress. The original graphics were just a little to much, so I got a graphical patch. That, along with some game music I got from iTunes, has made it a pretty good game.

I also ordered KOTOR II, the Sith Lords for the pc. Should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it'll work on this machine.

I bought an Xbox 360 over the weekend. I've been playing Final Fantasy 13 which is ok, I tend not to enjoy those sort of RPGs (compared to the likes of Fallout 3).

I'm importing Mushihime-Sama Futari 1.5 and E.S.P Galuda 2 from Japan which are 2D bullet hell shooters. Can't wait.

I recently tried to play Starcraft II through less that legitimate means. Unfortunately I couldn't get the graphics rendering working correctly.

Any idea when this is to be oficially released? Blizzard have been hush on the subject for some time.

I didn't like it. I thought KOTOR I was much better

I like them both equally.

I have just started playing Assassin's Creed II, but so far I am not very impressed

Yea I know what you mean..It's a cool game but it's basically the first game with a few upgrades

Yet another reason I'm going to wait on buying that game.