help with science needed please!

millie1

Well, by heating your home with coal you would increase heat found in the location firstly, then be releasing Sulfur compounds from burning into the atmosphere that can be rained back down as sulfuric acid. From oxidizing the carbon structure of coal or wood one would produce large amounts of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is considered a 'greenhouse' gas from what I remember in middle school. The bonds of Carbon Dioxide rotate and bend under specific electromagnetic radiation frequencies from the sun, thus creating more heat for the planetary system.

Uhm, Geothermal anyone? I guess the only thing to worry about there is earthquakes and the earth's magnetic field dissipating haha

Burning produces carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas that traps the infrared radiation from earth, keeping it warm. This sort of burning also produces black carbon particulates, which land somewhere and can darken the ground, which is especially significant if it lands on glaciers. The darker ground absorbs more sunlight.

Yeah.. burning wood means you have to cut down a trees.. deforestation contributes to global warming because tree is a good CO2 sink. Also, like Mr Skeptic said.. burning also produces black carbon particulates, if i'm not mistaken the particulates also known as ABC's particle or atmospheric brown clouds.. this sort of particle absorb light and darken the ground. For example, most cities in China became darker due to this ABC's particulate.

Edited by Newbies_Kid