Dude, did I.ROBOT suck or what???!!

bloodhound

seriously one of the worst movies i seen. really bad acting. very cliched pllot very cliched dialogues. and it didnt make any sense at all. all it is , is a showcase for matrix like special effects. dissapointed

Wtf were you expecting from a Will Smith film that has to rip off the title of a good book to convince people it isn't a tired, trivial generic "blockbuster"?

It was a movie about golfing.... golf-ing.

I read that will smith was supposed to be neo on the matrix but he turned it down for Bagger Vance. Bummer.

it was wild wild west he turned down matrix for

I, robot was entertaning. I didn't go to the movie to be scientifically enlightened, I went to be entertaned, I liked it.

He turned down The Matrix for wild wild west? Bad call, just a bad bad call, I hope he fired his agent, maybe had him assassinated :D I'm not allowed to watch rated R movies but for the matrix my parents made an execption it was that good.

When will smith plays any part other than the fresh prince, it teh sux.

I thought that the MIB and MIBII were pretty cool.

'Old-busted hottness' :D

On a second thought, I guess if Tommy Lee Jones wasn't in it, it would have been more on par with Will Smith's other movies.

I in general don't care for the underlying message of all the science fiction movies produced by Hollywood, which is that technology is bad for society. They try to scare you away from all the cool stuff like cloning, genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, cyborg technology, mind uploading, etc. In other words, I am a Transhumanist, so I like all these science stuff.

I in general don't care for the underlying message of all the science fiction movies produced by Hollywood, which is that technology is bad for society. They try to scare you away from all the cool stuff like cloning, genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, cyborg technology, mind uploading, etc. In other words, I am a Transhumanist, so I like all these science stuff.

Very true!

There is also the tendency to take great works of literature and historical events and twist them to whatever appeals to the popular sentiment at the moment. Disney’s "Hunchback of Notre Dame" and the latest Titanic movie are two prime examples.

Victor Hugo’s original story was a heart-wrenching unmitigated TRAGEDY. But it was powerful and enduring because it said something true about the human condition. Disney’s version, while entertaining for children, was a travesty and an insult to the memory of a great man. Would have been better if they had called it “The funny man who lived in the top of a church in Paris.” Don’t know why it was necessary to debase the memory of Hugo like that.

And Titanic – Almost as bad. Creating two fictional characters and set them chasing each other’s gonads around a ship filled with real people who would shortly die in one of the twentieth century’s seminal tragedies - Just strikes me as a little obscene. “A Night to Remember” (done sometime in the 1930s) I think, while not completely accurate, at least treated the event with some respect, and was a very powerful movie in its own right.

Got a little off-topic on the post above. Sorry. Personal rant I guess. :D

I remember reading “I Robot”. It was an excellent book. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but from what I’ve seen of the trailers, it doesn’t look anything like what the book was about, which was a series of short stories that Asimov wrote to try to illustrate the impact that he thought robots might have on society. There was one story where a robot killed a man, but that was more of a detective-type story about a single incident, and there was nothing about robots taking over society.

Here again, maybe it would have been more honest to have called the movie, “Robots Go Crazy And Try to Take Over The World”, or something like that.

On the other hand, it is at least good to know that someone in Hollywood remembers that there was an Issac Asimov and that he did write about robots. So maybe at some time in the future someone else Out There will take another look at the stories and give us something a little more intelligent.

• 3 weeks later...
There was one story where a robot killed a man, but that was more of a detective-type story about a single incident, and there was nothing about robots taking over society.

Well, apart from the World Brains (or whatever they were called), but they weren't really "robots" as such.

Hey buddy maybe you should go watch the move before you judge it!!!!!!!

Well that was insightful. I'm going to guess you aren't an Asmiov fan.