I can't remember...

Deadmeat

... what was the name of the process, when an electron changes its energy level and emmits photons. I did explain the process right, didi I? :doh: Even if I didn't, you get the idea... :D

I need information on this phenomenon, I really do.

Thanks to those who help!

As far as I know, there isn't a specific name for this. Its simply just absorption and emission of photons by an electron. When an electron goes from a lower energy level to higher one, a photon was absorbed, when it goes from a higher energy level to a lower one a photon is emitted.

Is 'transition' the word you seek? {E.g., Transition selection rules & probabilities, 'allowed' transitions, 'forbidden' transitions, etc.}. In dipole radiation, for instance, the theoretical differentiation between emission and absorption is simply a matter of +/- matrix elements.

I think you're referring to quantum leaps within atomic structures: an electron changes an energy state and when it goes down an energy state, it releases light, which is a form of luminescence (I think). The input of energy, such as light, can make it leap to a more excited state. Leaping down from the excited state can cause it to release energy, such as light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_leap

There are links to the phenomena in question. You'll have to be more specific if you still have questions.

Ok then. Thank you for your help.

As for Genecks, I agree with you. This might be quantum leaps, but I'm not entirley sure.