Chemical Signaling <-> Glucose?

My biology teacher mentioned in class that chemical signals(hormones) are connected to the amount of glucose in the bloodstream? When I asked him to elaborate he refused and said its not for high school.... . Anyways I tried researching on the subject, but no find. Do you guys have any clue how the two can be connected?

I thought about Insulin (hormone) in respect to glucose, but i don't know. But is that really the only hormone correlated with glucose. there must be others?

So you wan to know which other hormonal signals are glucose regulated?

Generally of course everything connected carbohydrate metabolism and homeostasis. Of course, you should be aware that not in all cases glucose itself, but a derived carbohydrate can be the proximate signal leading to hormonal responses. That being said it can become pretty complicated. For instance, sugar levels in blood can cause regulatory cascades that in turn lead to further regulations and so on. Depending on which level of the regulation you look at the system glucose may not be directly, but indirectly involved. Add to it the fact that many regulatory system integrate several signals (i.e. not solely the glucose level) you can imagine that things can get extremely complex.

For instance, insulin production is known to be sugar correlated, however, insulin (together with leptin) is also a signal for arcuate nucleus and are proposed to work as adiposity signals. This, in turn, activates/inhibits the release of rurther hormones. While these are not necessarily directly regulated by glucose on the molecular level, glucose is still the initiator of this cascade.

Hormones and blood glucose - insulin and glucagon should be covered at college level. They are the main two, although others such as adrenalin can be involved. You could maybe look up the blood glucose 'negative feedback mechanism' to see how insulin and glucagon work together to regulate. You could also look up 'homeostasis' for a broader read.