Hardware Horror Tales

fafalone

Well it all started back around the time I attempted to install a TV Wonder VE TV capture card. 14 hours of work on it later, I bailed out. But the damage was done. My computer started getting blue screen errors. Soon, this progressed to IRQ conflicts on my main board. Various devices would randomly conflict. First, it was just the hard drives and disc drives. Then, it was the IDE cards. Randomly rearranging these would solve the conflict. Then, things got worse. IRQ conflicts were caused by the mouse and ethernet. Then the memory. Then last night the CPU went. Replaced it today and everything seems to be normal, but the next 48 hours will tell the tale.

The best thing you could do for it would be to give your computer plenty of rest and a hot cup of turkey broth with extra salt. And maybe some flu medicine.

By the way, I'm not responsible for anything that may happen to your computer because of this addvice that you might follow.

• 3 weeks later...