Clones:- Right or Wrong?

okay, lets think about this, would god put us on this grass covered earth to have it polluted and the population go up this high!? I THINK NOT!!!!

Therefore god doesn't exist. Excellent, we have concordance.

i think cloning is disgusting and unappropriate, what would your parents say about this!? i know my parents would be VERY disgusted...so please, put a stop to the research of cloning, its rediculous and un-called for

I don't care what my parents say about this kind of thing, because they're not scientists and don't claim to be.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think cloning is disgusting and unappropriate, what would your parents say about this!? i know my parents would be VERY disgusted...so please, put a stop to the research of cloning, its rediculous and un-called for

It's more disgusting to not use a technique which could lead to great advances in medicine. Why don't you ask people with, for example, Parkinson's disease or insulin dependent diabetes what there views are?

I also agree with JaKiri: the views of my parents on this are irrelevant to me.

everyone says reproductive cloning [of a whole person'] is wrong, but why? whats sooo bad about making a copy of the person, thats what i wanted to know when i started this thread

:D It's like pirating! "Napster Mentality" you would have to pay that person royalties.

suppose your new clone goes on to be a super start and make Oprah type money!!!

The original person would have the right to sue. on the basis of personal potential earnings.

if it was me ... hell yeah i would sue the pants off him

"that's what I could have become"

besided he was created from a part of me. which is ethically my property.

"I am gona go copy right my ars.. incase some one desides to clone me" :D

but in all seriousness, we are not cattle or organ farms.. once life is created our unique and god given right or free will would take over that clone. Unless we can create clones with out brains this would be in my opinion moraly ethically and un-equivically wrong.!

imagine how alone one must feel with out a direct father and mother. knowing that you were an experiment. we all have an internal desire for family nucleus as human we need a sence of belonging. how would that be fulfilled!

I kinda agree with the cloning of animals for food purposes and stuff (not suer what other uses people could come up with) but on the case of humans I think that there vare already to many of us for the world to support. I'm not going against cloning organs just whole people

what is the difference between

Genetically enhance chicken "perdu"

and Clone Chickens

as far as feeding the masses i could see cloning as an option, but it would have to stop there. Organs maybe, but humans definitly not!

Why would we want to clone [macroscopic'] animals for food?

It could be used as a way to enhance the breeding stock. Superior specimens could be cloned and sent to farms. This would be faster than traditional methods of breeding to pass on the desired bloodlines.

It could be used as a way to enhance the breeding stock. Superior specimens could be cloned and sent to farms. This would be faster than traditional methods of breeding to pass on the desired bloodlines.

Don't farmers already do this? As far as I know. they pick the best bullock on the farm and mate it deliberately with the best cow. It's been done for hundreds of years as far as I'm aware.

I'm not really sure it would be faster. Consider:

Traditional husbandry

Bull -> Sperm -> Squirty thing -> Pregnant females

Cloning Husbandry

Bull -> Sperm -> Horrendously expensive batch processes -> Artificial fertilisation -> Delicate transport procedure -> Implantation of ova in females -> 1 in 1,000 females pregnant with something that will live past a year.

Well selective breeding/cloning is a long slow process. Ultra-effective genetically enhanced cows are a quicker option. Granted we do not have the technology now to make this meat/dairy as healthful/disease-free as I hope it will someday be.

okay, lets think about this, would god put us on this grass covered earth to have it polluted and the population go up this high!? I THINK NOT!!!! i think cloning is disgusting and unappropriate, what would your parents say about this!? i know my parents would be VERY disgusted...so please, put a stop to the research of cloning, its rediculous and un-called for

Oh my god!tinytigey u actually dont mean that do u? :confused:

I'm not really sure it would be faster. Consider:

Traditional husbandry

Bull -> Sperm -> Squirty thing -> Pregnant females

Cloning Husbandry

Bull -> Sperm -> Horrendously expensive batch processes -> Artificial fertilisation -> Delicate transport procedure -> Implantation of ova in females -> 1 in 1' date='000 females pregnant with something that will live past a year.[/quote']

True, i am making the assumption that cloning technology will continue to advance resulting in off spring that don't prematurely age or are subject to horrible auto immune problems and so on.

I don't think it is fair to condemn a technology because it has teething problems.

• 2 months later...
everyone says reproductive cloning [of a whole person'] is wrong, but why? whats sooo bad about making a copy of the person, thats what i wanted to know when i started this thread

well, lets say that you died, Oh well, Ill just go to the store and get me a new person, no biggie.

se what i mean, i takes away your individuality, it makes you replacable, and then it turns people into a comodity, thats why its wrong.

Firstly, I would dispute that that is necessarily "wrong". You are basing that on preconceived notions without explaining why they are relevant.

Secondly, a cloned human is not going to be a convincing replacement for the original, so it's a rather moot point.