how many watts does it take to kill?

the guy

You still need a voltage for the current to actually flow, and it has to be done fast enough, so it does take a minimum of power to kill. Of course, if you increase the voltage and decrease the amps you can pass more energy through you but not kill you, so in that sense watts hardly matters.

I suspect it's a matter of Joules that can kill, rather than Watts.

I doubt that it is either, because with Watts you can make it happen for as short as you want, while with Joules you can extend the power out over a lifetime. I'm sure that in your lifetime you easily absorb more than a Joule in electric power.

=Uncool-

i always heard about 6 milliamps directly to the heart can do it.

but your skin has some resistance so it depends whats on your skin, where it enters and exits.

there is no answer to this question but the main thing is stay away from high amp things. high voltage can carry more amps but low volts doesnt make it safe

just make sure the electricity has a better path then you! electricity will always take the path of least resistance so just make sure thats not you

I doubt that it is either, because with Watts you can make it happen for as short as you want, while with Joules you can extend the power out over a lifetime. I'm sure that in your lifetime you easily absorb more than a Joule in electric power.

=Uncool-

Good point, but it works both ways; if the current flows for a short enough time then it won't have any effect.