Can em and mechanical wave reosnance be reached in a medium?

electronicsound

• 2 months later...

Ok...just my two cents, because it is only MY opinion, and this reflects a limited bit of knowledge of both types of waves on my part, but...if a certain harmonic is reached by either wave, and is of a certain amplitude in its amount of expressed energy (even in different mediums) it should be possible.

Even with the different mediums, it would seem to be only a matter of amplitude and harmonics as best I could tell.

The way I see it is sort of along the line of this........Imagine that there is an earthquake. In certain types fo soil there would be shockwaves of different types depending on where you measured.

At the point of release, there would be a sharp waveform that might cause a sample of glass breakage by sonic waveform propigation, and at the same time it could be possible that there would be mechanical breakage due to shearing physical movement. They would be different forces, but the results would have the potential to be there just the same, so the destructive effect, would have the potential to be there for both, but as to if they would interfere simultaneously.......that I could not even begin to say. Possible, but I could be wrong, perhaps because of some given property of the waves that I am unfamiliar with.

As I said this is only an opinion, and it is based on somewhat limited knowledge of the physics involved in this question. But based on what I do know.......plausible as far as I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...