Does anyone know where to find good physics and math courses online?

cdub2raw

I recently graduated high school and it only made me realize how much I fudged it up. I slept every day in math class and I never took physics or chemistry. The thing is that I know I'm a smart person and I have an incredible yearning to learn everything about the fundamentals of the world we live in. I just want to expand my knowledge more than anything. The only thing I lack is the resources. I can't make it to college, not at the moment anyway. I was just wondering if anyone could direct me to a website where I could teach myself the basics of physics and the math I need to understand physics. I just need something temporary to teach myself until I can get back in school. If anyone knows of such a website, please provide the link. I'm just a fellow scientist looking to fix his mistakes. Thank you.

You might wanna look through Physics Demystified on Google Books, it's a 577 page book and has lots to preview online at the link.

From the "about page"...

Now anyone with an interest in the physical sciences can master physics -- without formal training or drowning in a sea of complicated formulas and equations.

With "Physics Demystified you master the subject one simple step at a time - at your own speed. Unlike most books on physics, general principles are presented first - and the details follow. In order to make the learning process as clear and simple as possible, heavy-duty math, formulas, and equations are kept to a minimum.

Simple enough for a beginner but challenging enough for an advanced student,

It has lesson plans and is meant to be for self teaching, introducing just enough math to grasp important concepts in physics. Browse though the Google preview, and if the book seems like your cup of tea, look for it online, where you can find a virtual ton of cheap deals online for the book. ($5 with shipping included for example)

Also there are many good, free resources online you can learn the non-mathematical aspects from. A great place to start is Einstein Online.

Best luck on your quest, however don't forget to ask questions here, there's a good number of scientifically knowledgeable members willing to help and share that knowledge.

There is a beta scienceforums youtube channel, that I am attempting to put together. There is some calculus, linear algebra, and physics lectures from MIT. As well as some other lectures in the feilds of biology, physics, and quantum physics.

http://www.youtube.com/scienceforums, or at the link at the bottom of all my posts. :)

• 2 weeks later...