Why does sweat smell differently in different parts of your body?

ed84c

Why does sweat A(or the bacterium growing on that sweat) smell differently in different parts of your body? Take your feet and armpits for example they smell different and groin sweat smells differently from anyother part of your body.

I no this is a bit of a gross thread but try to keep back the lewd remarks.

It would reflect the types of bacteria that colonise these areas. The hairy and moist areas like your armpits allow the kinds of bacteria that grow when you sweat to survive. Also, the drier areas of your body are inhabited by bacteria that inhibit the growth of pathogenic species, and these probably wouldn't compete in the moister condition of your armpits.

I forget the exact number, but somewhere between 100-200 species of bacteria or other organisms live in or on you, in almost every place that you can imagine, you have something there.

What bacteria do you have on your eyeballs?

I think that things, like prions, can circumvent blood-brain barrier by being passed directly through the nervous system.

Viruses are more than a chemical, they are many chemicals in specific arrangements.

lol ok well the past few summer holidays I havent been to over the top as far as personal hygiene goes, purley for lazyness. I will leave it to you to work out why a person of my age who uses the computer a lot in the summer hols may notice things about his groin................(oo er i can feel a mod not being to happy about saying that, but he deserves a responce to his question, or am i just being afraid of sex related subjects [people hint for ed84c to put down his shovel and start climbing upwards..............]