New message

Hmm. Does it say who sent the message?

This may be a consequence of me mass-deleting spam messages, but I'm not sure.

Nope. Says absolutely nothing other than the date, which means I can't click on it to read it.

Also, if it was from deleting spam messages, I got one which was never deleted. I deleted it, though, so...

=Uncool-

Ah, that'd be it then. I checked the database and there exists a listing for it in one database table but no corresponding title/text entry in another table. I deleted one without deleting the other, it seems.

Next time I'll remember to be more careful when deleting spam PMs. Be sure to report them if you receive them.

Ah, that'd be it then. I checked the database and there exists a listing for it in one database table but no corresponding title/text entry in another table. I deleted one without deleting the other, it seems.

Next time I'll remember to be more careful when deleting spam PMs. Be sure to report them if you receive them.

Will do. Think you can get rid of it? It still tells me that I have a notification every time I log in...

=Uncool-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How about now?

I'll need to find a way of fixing the unread PM count in the user table AND removing the invalid inbox entries in the PM table whenever I delete spam PMs from the PM text table.

Alternatively you could go to the admin view for the spamming user and "Delete all messages sent by this user" after you ban them :P