Dur, Windows is the same as Internet Explorer

Tesseract

You always seem to be defending windoze...

I don't particularly think that's true. There's a difference between defending something just because you like it, and pointing out that a problem is with B and not A.

If it was IE 5.2 on the Mac, I'd have made the same point.

This is all terribly off-topic.

I don't particularly think that's true. There's a difference between defending something just because you like it' date=' and pointing out that a problem is with B and not A.

If it was IE 5.2 on the Mac, I'd have made the same point.

This is all terribly off-topic.[/quote']

Alright whatever you say.

Alright whatever you say.

I don't see how stating that a problem with Internet Explorer is a problem with Internet Explorer and not with Windows is the same as "defending Windows", particularly since Windows was not actually under any kind of attack, and I didn't defend anything.

This is not the place, splitting thread. Thread split from here.

Windows XP is rather good, I'll have you know.
I have clients who haven't budged since Windows 98. I beg them to come up to XP, that it's not like the intervening horror stories, but they are frightened and spook easily.

What are the best reasons (besides compatibility) for them to upgrade?

Xp is too expensive... I went to ME when it was 150 bucks for the upgrade.. only because I couldn't get my LAN working on 98.

When operation spunkworm (or whatever that anti-piracy coalition thiing) all goes through with Intel, AMD and TinySquishy full swing.. I would rather go to Linux for privacy (not piracy) as I don't like all that registering crap where you can't upgrade your computer w/o the entire corporate world knowing about it.

Linux just doesn't have the support as of yet though.

NTFS allows highly customisable permissions to be applied to profiles' date=' directories and files.

Oh, and real stability.[/quote']

Should be noted that 2k was the first 'doze OS to ship ntfs.

It should also be noted that XP is nothing but 2k with a couple of twiddly graphics bits on and some flashy crap.

Every major function that exists in XP also exists in 2k (as far as I'm aware) apart from cosmetic differences, and things like the recognition of folders containing movies etc.

This is totally my own opinion though, could be wrong.